Did you ever have dental fillings? POLL

I’m doing some research and I’m wondering how many of you have or have had silver amalgam dental fillings? Not composite or gold, but strictly this kind.

• I have/have had amalgam dental fillings
  • I have NOT had amalgam dental fillings

0 voters

Reply with your experience with these types of fillings below.

I’ve never had a filing. But what are you researching?

1 Like

Me too never had a filling. However zyprexa is making me chow lank sweets so I’m sure a dentist trip is around the corner

I’m researching the link to schizophrenia based on some of the metals used in those fillings.

1 Like

Oh no! Just make sure to keep brushing! Haven’t had a cavity since I was a minor.

Also maybe bring that up with a pdoc.

1 Like

Thanks @bittercat you so very kind

1 Like

I used to be afraid the dentist would install a tracking device in my teeth, so I avoided going for ten years. When I finally went back, I needed seventeen fillings and two crowns. Never skip appointments, and always get fluoride.

2 Likes

Lol that’s funny !!!

Holy cow! That’s a lot of fillings. Do you still have the metal ones?

Yeah. I have a whole mouth full of metal. I’ve always had genetically bad teeth though. My first silver filling was when I was 5

That’s pretty early. I can imagine all of this is or was pretty painful.

There is a reason my paranoia centered around dentists

2 Likes

I only got the silver ones after losing my employer insurance (after getting sz and losing my job) and getting Medicaid. Medicaid only pays for the silver ones.

1 Like

I’ve had lots and lots of these types of fillings almost all of which are gone today. They’ve all cracked and had to be pulled out over the years. I still have all my front teeth though, luckily.

1 Like

I had silver fillings in my baby teeth. I don’t have any silver fillings now.

1 Like

I have had a lot of them in years past. When I was in my 30’s I became mysteriously ill. The drs weren’t quite sure what was going on with me and at one point even said I might have Multiple Sclerosis. I was devastated. Tests came back that I did not have MS. But what could it be? I finally tapped into a holistic dr who thought I had mercury toxicity and I had 16 amalgam fillings carefully removed and replaced with the white fillings. I did a home mercury detox protocol (which was all I could afford) and I started feeling much better. The dr that helped me told me my payment was to tell everyone I could that as far as dentistry is concerned “white is right”. Never get metal fillings, they contain mercury. It is deadly poison. If you have any other metal in your mouth, especially gold, like a gold crown, the metal supposedly will make the mercury go into your system faster and you will get even sicker.

I don’t know if any of this is true, but that’s what happened and I bought into it at the time. I paid the dentist $2000 to do my new fillings and paid several hundred dollars for all the supplements for the detox protocol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.