Did psychosis make you irritable off meds?

I am still irritable/angry on meds but its a lot better than off meds. Its also better now on 6mg Risperdal than 4mg.

Am I the only one with irritability/anger caused by sz?

2 Likes

When I am not medicated… I am scarily angry and agitated…

On meds I am still agitated and angry but not to the same level at all.

2 Likes

I haven’t been off meds in so long, I honestly don’t know if I’m irritable off meds. I know I’m crazy as fu-ck :rofl: :grimacing:

1 Like

When I’m off meds I get angry with what I perceive others doing to me. I’m delusional and hallucinate off meds and think people are out to get me.

1 Like

Same for me off meds too.

1 Like

How is it on meds?

1 Like

If you are asking if I’m irritable on meds…I would say probably no more than the average person. I get irritated with my mom sometimes but I don’t think it’s excessive.

2 Likes

Thats good, I am still a bit more irritable than the average person even on 6mg Risperdal but better than lower doses. I could go to 8mg but it will make my negative symptoms worse and my current irritability is manageable, doesnt really get me into trouble, I just yell at my family.

1 Like

Could it maybe be the coffee that you drink? You have a lot of caffeine don’t you?

"Caffeine does have its cognitive perks — including boosting alertness, energy and feelings of well-being — but overuse can cause a range of unpleasant side effects, including troubled sleep, jitters, irritability and gastric distress.
"

1 Like

I know that you won’t want to give up your caffeine though.lol

1 Like

I also thought that but on 4mg I stopped caffeine and I was still irritable. Now on 6mg with caffeine I am less irritable than 4mg no caffeine

2 Likes

I have to take meds.i had to change meds and I’m better now.i take prozac,valium,solian.last year when I was on this forum I was only taking solian,it wasn’t going well but after I changed medication.i feel better now

1 Like

I feel very irritable off meds, so it’s best for me to continue taking them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.