Did I get the right job?

Hey guys.

I am starting as a cashier at the grocery store next Tuesday. It’s gets pretty busy. I was worried that it might not be a good idea to show off to everyone that I am making money while on SSDI. Do you guys think that it’s a bad idea to get such a social job that will show everyone I am getting money while not working? I don’t plan on telling anyone that I am getting SSDI money but think some people might know. I think it would be a fun job and also will be fun to interact with some people.

1 Like

Just take into account how you make people feel by what you say. That’s all you can do. Good luck with the cashier job!

If you want to reconcile to yourself the fact that you get SSDI and can hold a job just remember; SSDI makes the rules and if you qualify under their rules to get benefits from them then there’s nothing to feel guilty about. It’s actually no ones business that you get SSDI and it’s OK to lie if someone is nosing into your personal business. You don’t owe it to anybody to reveal personal details of your life. And I don’t see how people can tell you’re getting SSDI if you don’t actually tell them.

1 Like

You can do it @Rester! Have some faith in yourself. I find a job is a good way to take your mind off the fact you have sz and everything that goes along with it. I hope you have a great day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.