Job interview at 130 today

Definitely wish me luck. I’m not sure about disclosing I have a disability. Will try not to say it. However the boss seems real reasonable and friendly I will use my intuition in person though. Only if it comes up. Like how to explain my gap in not working between some jobs. And what if they want me to work too many hours. Would be easier if they know I’m disabled. I would consider going off disability if it was a great job. And work full time possibly. If I can. But definitely not right away. And I don’t wanna get sued by ssdi for making too much money on it.

7 Likes

I think I have the right questions to be asking right now. But there’s nothing really to worry about. Worst case scenario I don’t get the job. They’ll be understanding and they know what to do as long as I have an open mind like I do.

1 Like

But the thing is that you will get it.

So i dont understand why you think of worst case scenarios

1 Like

Best of luck with it @Jonnybegood

1 Like

Nah man I’m concerned about whether I keep my benefits or not. They pay $18-20 an hour. On ssdi you can only make like $1300 a month. So if I’m working 20 hours at those wages I could be in danger of losing benefits. My mom brought up there’s a grace period. I haven’t fully taken advantage of yet. Where you can make more on benefits. So maybe I will keep my mouth shut and take advantage of that. We can always figure something out if I’m doing really well at this job. With my benefits and such.

1 Like

Best of luck! I also have a job interview tomorrow at 1 pm CET.

3 Likes

Good luck to these Jon’s of the forum at our 1 pm
Interviews coming up :wink:

1 Like

Good luck @Jonnybegood and @Jonathan2

2 Likes

Good luck to you. :whale::whale::whale:

1 Like

Sending good vibes!!

:heart:

Good luck, man! @Jonnybegood

1 Like

clomp hustle flounce clomp

That’s the llama dance of gainful employment!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Good luck mane.

I salute to your safe recovery

The interview went pretty well. Gotta wait for them to do other interviews. But he seemed optimistic about hiring me. Was saying things like “when you join our team”. Although he didn’t promise me anything yet. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and my brain open…to disappointment or anything. It was Good experience doing the interview if nothing else.

3 Likes

I bet you you’ll get it :wink:

1 Like

Are they looking for 1 or multiple candidates? Sometimes it’s a numbers game but the labor market favors the applicants right now.

1 Like

Multiple but only 1 part time maybe. And I said part time. Think I’d be hired right away if I said full time. Hopefully the next candidates are sucky and I’m a no brainer for him.

He said attention to detail and communication skills. I’m good at those two things. But those are the most two important traits for the job he said. I’m confident in my ability for those things.

1 Like

Glad it went well Jonny, hope you get it :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

It sounds like it went well :slight_smile: good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.