Define voices in schizophrenia

For me is like a nightmare.

2 Likes

For me itā€™s like talking to someone on the phone who can see out of your eyes, and hear your thoughts, and see whateverā€™s in your mind. It is so real I still canā€™t accept that Iā€™m a sz.

1 Like

I hear mostly music, so vivid I canā€™t tell if itā€™s coming from the internal or external space.

And yet itā€™s also as though I have two jabbermouths (male and female) talking back and forth in my head, but I canā€™t understand what theyā€™re saying because they speak in tongues. Occasionally, thereā€™s a vivid unreality unfolding in my headā€“conversations I canā€™t have, thoughts that arenā€™t mine. All internal.

With grey noise, it gets worse.

2 Likes

I hear internal voices
It feels that there are two other people inside my head and Iā€™m not alone - the spirit people are with me

3 Likes

Dreaming while Iā€™m awake

5 Likes

I have internal ones mainly, but also some external ones such as, whispers, and talking through the wall

2 Likes

I have external voices.
The voices I currently hear are mostly negative voices from an unknown source who are attempting to harass me.
They are incredibly stupid and are racist, homophobic, and offensive on every level.
There are also voices that are positive and they in contrast seem normal and completely plausible when they talk to the negative ones.

1 Like

Like someone is standing behind me and whispering things in my ears.
Sometimes they talk, sometimes they yell, sometimes they roar.

Itā€™s like Iā€™m hearing someone whoā€™s not me expressing their thoughts.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard a voice/s, but I have thought, thoughts that no longer match my normal ā€œinner voiceā€, it may get worse eventually, but right now I usually catch myself and either blank my mind or rationalize it, and it goes away.

Before I was medicated I could hallucinate orchestral music every once in a while when I was resting in bed. I would listen to NPR and their programs, get a spiritual sensation of awe and in my head it would become a sort of energetic mood and from there I just had to kind of tune into a sensation I could feel and boom. Orchestral music.

Only happened a couple times, but it was such a wonder to feel music inside my brain and not through my ears.

Couldnā€™t describe the difference its just something you know. One of the few perks of this exclusive club.

2 Likes

My voices are just like hearing a T.V. or radio playing in a room upstairs. You hear a main announcer talking, and a lot of other people behind him talking in the background. Only there are no T.V.'s or radioā€™s on anywhere in the house.

2 Likes

This is what mine is like too!

I hear people talking outside my head, the only time I have heard them inside was after smoking some cannabis.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.