Define voices in schizophrenia

How do you describe hearing voices in schizophrenia?

3 Likes

People who work for the government harassing me.

5 Likes

People reading your mind and saying they can because you can read theirs. Then if your not reading theirs they are saying all this stuff about you out loud and not in your head to their friend because the friend is in on it too. Not just one specific person, multiple people I encountered.

Mixing up what people say to you, trying to think straight and not hearing voices but getting thought insertions so it never leaves you even on good days.

Then when you fall asleep something as loud as a nuclear bomb,train wreck or gunshot can wake you up. Which I never experienced any.

Edit: never experienced those sounds in real life

1 Like

Firstly they sounded 100% real to me so that is scary cos those voices are in your head.
Apparently I had a crush on someone they went on about it until I realized just how much I did with the voices influence- a guy from America that I once met.
Also I heard the second coming of Jesus Christ.
and some others that did not talk as much.

2 Likes

When i started to hear voices they were mild low voices. After a little while they became more loud in my ears. I did not know what is happening i thought neighbors were arguing. At some point they became talking rude things and cursing. Later i heard commenting what i did in the past and i become suspicious and afraid.

1 Like

Yeah I had something like neighbors in my hallucinations too, but these men weren’t neighbors, they had guns and the were on the side of my house in the summer and they were saying stuff about me. I was freaked out because I wasn’t sure why they would know all that about me. It was two years ago, I realized it was a hallucination so I didn’t feed into it.

1 Like

I especially did not like it when it is family members behind the walls. I would hear them talking behind my room walls but I knew it wasn’t really them talking cos it was such jibberish kind of strange talk

3 Likes

That is torturesome. That would leave with so much emotion in such a fragile state because in a way I would want to talk to them and wish they were there.

2 Likes

Yes it was disturbing. At least when I spoke to them directly it was them for the most part of it but it kind of leaves you wondering about worst case scenarios.

2 Likes

I knew they were not real people because they started talking out of nowhere and they were only females(i am a male) even at night i heard them in the past.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Shifter. I hope you managed to get some sleep still if they were there at night. That must have been difficult

2 Likes

My family has always been there for me, even when I was in church on Christmas Eve my uncle started telling me stuff telepathically and I had to walk out, for years after I always thought he could read my mind until I started making connections that he couldn’t I still have weird beliefs but not going to mention them. I love my family and they make me feel safe even though they don’t accept me.

3 Likes

Sorry about your experience Winterblues. It is def not easy at all when it is family members. They are the people we are meant to feel closest to.
And safest with.
Hope things are better now

2 Likes

They don’t understand why I don’t have a job, after a while they just stopped engaging in what I had to say. I didn’t understand why I couldn’t get a job after a while too.

2 Likes

It’s an invisible disease. Unfortunately it is not easy for people to understand all the time.
I think my mum may not understand either for example. Makes me want to move out.

2 Likes

I would define voices in SZ as - Constant commenting voices, as if it was a TV playing loudly next door. Not feeling like you had any privacy, Funny looks cos they know what your thinking. Searching your flat for microphones and cameras. Tip-toeing and whispering in your flat so “they couldnt hear you”. Apologising for stuff you havent done. All round nasty crap - we could all do without. Thank Christ for Anti-Psychotics. :frowning:

3 Likes

Sorry you feel like moving out and that your mother isn’t supportive. I get what you mean by invisible, they go off of biases and stigma

1 Like

Running commentary on my actions and thoughts, done by goddess Annette, random dadaist poems, done also by Annette,
good and bad cop, by Isidore and Louisa, word salad and neologisms by Thoughtless, etc

3 Likes

@Om_Sadasiva How do you hear voices? Like thoughts or like external different sounds?

Mainly as internal hallucinations. But I have heard external too.

1 Like