DBT workbook

I’m reading a dialectical behavior therapy workbook. It has so many amazing tips and advice for nearly every situation.

I flipped ahead to the interpersonal skills section. It is really helping a lot. I think I will be able to relate a lot better after this.

11 Likes

I’m glad it’s helping you.

I bought one years ago. It was mainly for people who get angry quickly and easily.

For that reason, I didn’t relate to it at all.

I was bummed. What book did you get? Maybe I’d relate to that one.

1 Like

That’s the theme of this one too. I don’t have anger or self harm issues which is why I flipped ahead to other sections.

I’m making the most of it. The interpersonal effectiveness sections are good.

4 Likes

Yup. That’s the one. Well maybe I’ll look and see if I still have it since there are some chapters that aren’t based on anger issues

1 Like

That is a fantastic workbook. I’m glad you purchased a copy.

:blush:

1 Like

I got the other ones you recommended too.

The people who wrote this book are very smart and skilled.

Thanks for the suggestions! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to order this workbook. Thankyou @ThreeRivers.

I had a diagnosis of bpd throughout my young adult life but according to my doctor, grew out of it in my old age. I no longer carry that diagnosis. But DBT can help anyone.

2 Likes

I think you will appreciate it, @SkinnyMe. I think the tips and exercises are relevant and can be applied to other areas of our personalities that need a little work.

2 Likes

I like DBT better than I do CBT
It’s helped me in the past

2 Likes

DBT helped me a lot. It’s also an evidence-based treatment, which means there’s good evidence that it works.

3 Likes

DBT is so cool and I’ve never been able to try it. I always ended up in hospitals or programs when the DBT program is full and there’s a waitlist.

1 Like

All my life I avoided DBT therapy for these reasons:

1. I resented the pdoc diagnosing me with bpd in the first place.

2. I didn’t think I had it and considered it an insult.

3. DBT therapy was a long term program and took two years to complete.

4. It was very expensive and cost a couple thousand dollars.

5. It aimed to change your whole personality and I resented anyone thinking that my personality was defective and needed changing.

3 Likes

I ordered this book @ThreeRivers.

1 Like

That’s great! You finally get to take part in a DBT program :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like