Dating another with sz

Do you think two sz or sza can date? Or would it be detrimental?

3 Likes

I went out a couple times with a girl diagnosed with sza. She was moody.

3 Likes

There needs to be a voice of sanity at all times. I don’t think it would work.

3 Likes

Not sure. But I’m hardly able to relate to other people anymore so it would just probably be hard. I had a date with a normie not too long ago, and realized I can’t look people in the eye anymore. She was aware of my schizophrenia, and it didn’t bother her, but I couldn’t connect with her on an emotional level.

3 Likes

I think it would work. You can relate to your partner.

4 Likes

I don’t want to be with a normie, I think that would be hard, as I would always feel less…

1 Like

true. Maybe it would work with another schizophrenic. But I have no idea I guess.

1 Like

both would have difficulty taking showers and cleaning up after themselves lol. Not that that would be a problem.

2 Likes

Two Tasmanian Devils under the same roof. What could possibly go wrong?

6 Likes

Can it work? Sure.

It all depends on the parties involved.

I dated a girl who was diagnosed, she went off her meds, dragged me into delusion with her. I was yet to be diagnosed, or medicated. We fed off of each other for a few weeks, had some fun, but no way could we two active psychosis sufferererers have anything close to healthy.

5 Likes

I’m pretty stable on meds. I think I could be the stable one if I had a relationship with a sz. Would I want the headache of a sz who wasn’t completely stable? IDK.

3 Likes

I don’t think I have the patience to be with someone who has sz unless they are 100% med compliant and psychosis free.

2 Likes

I’ve tried it a couple times, and it was just too much for the relationship to handle. If I ever settle down, it will be with an empathetic normie

5 Likes

But if you want to date another szic you need to forget about having kids as the chance that your kid will have sz is about 50-60%.

3 Likes

Nobody has kids anymore anyway.

3 Likes

Can’t afford 'em. A family?? In this economy???

4 Likes

Well there went that idea lol

2 Likes

Schizophrenics tend to rapport with each other.

3 Likes

You couldn’t pay me enough to date someone with sz/sza.

I’d end up being the caretaker and I’m not strong enough mentally for that.

If I didn’t have sza myself and I knew that the person I’m dating would be med compliant, it would be different, I would definitely consider it.

2 Likes

I tried dating a normie that didn’t work out cause I couldn’t go and do the things expected from a so called normal relationship. So my idea was to find someone similar if that’s even possible. Kinda like being between a rock and a hard place.

2 Likes