Cutting contact with MH Services

I feel I need to push them away. They’re not helping me. I cannot even bring myself to call the helpline now since I fell out with my case worker.

The last few days I have been pretty unwell, and it seems to be pointless engaging with them when there isn’t really anyone I can engage with when I need support.

I just think I need to put some distance between myself and them. Feeling pretty shitty about it all, I am close to giving up. It’s too much and I cannot see why I am bothering to continue if I am honest.

I’m sorry to hear that. Have u asked for a different caseworker or is that a bad idea

My old case worker who I saw for years left the NHS, and I got put with someone who won’t even respond to me if I leave a message.

We had an argument and it seemed leaving her messages after she didn’t call me back like she had promised was ‘too much’.

I am not sure if I can go through meeting someone new and going through it again.

I have being going to a group, but it has eaten away at me as people are openly talking about suicide and it kinda doesn’t help things. I don’t think I can support others until I am right :-/

Well that is very unprofessional of her not to get back to you.
I personally would give another caseworker a try but obviously I’m not in ur shoes so u know wat is the better decision to make for u.

Never burn bridges.

Sz for me is all about being pro active. I like my doc. He’s good and he listens and has seen a lot of shite and it’s a good team but I ultimately know what I need to do. If I needed a med change I’d listen to him because I trust his judgement and that is important with sz because a lot of it is just guesswork!

You know what you need. Get your treatment team to be more involved. Challenge them rather than themselves and don’t settle for second best. Shite. I’d be hounding them if they were negligent or I’d just hit them up. Anyone getting paid to look out for me I’d be curious.

Don’t give up for failings in the system…learn to make the system work for you. Yeah it’s not easy but it’s the only thing to do in our first world health systems where money talks and symptoms walk!

2 Likes

Don’t give up just yet. Hang in there. The system has some holes in it, it’s true, but there are still some very positive things. I understand you had a fall out with your current case manager, but maybe there is a chance to mend that bridge or perhaps get a new one. I know you probably don’t feel like starting all over again, but i don’t think you should walk away from support altogether. Maybe take a week or two away just to wind down after the altercation you had with your case manager, then come back with a fresh mind. Have in mind what kind of support you would like to receive from the service and make this clear to your case manager (either your current one or a new one). Sometimes my case manager doesn’t get back to me when i ring and leave a message for her, but i know that is usually because she’s so inundated with work she doesn’t have the time some days. If your NHS mental health service is anything like ours in Australia, than it doesn’t receive top funding and those working the public sector are stretched pretty thin with resources and time. I try to keep this in mind when engaging with my case manager.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.