Credit card dispute for 15 dollars will the merchant sue for this

Im paranoid, if the merchant will be after for 15 dollars, i disputed the charge because i got sick from the product will the merchant sue me for 15 dollars.

no one sues for 15, but it can show as bad credit not being paid

3 Likes

Exactly what @Mountainman said. Your credit rating can get damaged, and that can make it difficult for you to pay for things in turn. Its not a good idea to do it unless they didn’t give you what you paid for. Like not shipping you something when they claimed you received it. But even if that were to happen you should contact them first and try to ask them to resolve it for you before a charge back.

2 Likes

That’s not what disputes are for. They have you the product you have to pay for it. If it made you sick, leave reviews online.

2 Likes

You keep doing this. Eventually the cc company will catch on.

7 Likes

its a while ago, its been month. no new disputes. i stop. just worried.

I raise my disputes only when i know its fraudaulant. Raising one just because your not happy with the product, is not the done thing. You contact the merchant first for a refund off them.

Your gonna piss off your credit card company if you keep doing that.

4 Likes

Yea i know i stop doing it a month ago. should i be worried, will anyone be after me.

1 Like

Nah, i wouldnt worry - I would just be careful. Cos you raising the dispute normally means the credit card will foot the bill. And in the end they will charge you anyway for misuse of it, if they think its not genuine.

Just be careful. No-ones gonna come after you.

1 Like

I think you just gotta settle this. If you don’t, they aren’t going to jail you, but it will reflect further tries to order items and the credit card company. You need to settle with the credit card company and merchant to do further business with them. But know they aren’t going to drag you to court over that amount because court fees would be costly for them. However if you have a history of doing this, it will effect your credit and hurt your reputation as a good customer.

3 Likes

it beens a long time i disputed, im just worried, im think its my paranoid schizophrenia.

1 Like

Right. I get you. But credit card companies are usually willing to work with you. But the police are not going to be knocking on your door, unless you burn your neighbors house to the ground or run naked in ye local park.

3 Likes

Yea you right, i wanted to run naked one time lol glad i didnt.

1 Like

Well I’m glad you held yourself back there. Lol

2 Likes

When a dispute is closed can it still be reopen. Or is it done

Not usually if it is closed usually the cc company moves on and they don’t bug you about it again. That has been my experience. Now the merchant might refuse you further business if you have a reputation with them, but that’s a separate issue. Bottom line is don’t worry. Be at ease. Try not to run naked through the park.

2 Likes

Two things can happen:

1. Card issuer gets tired of you disputing charges and closes your account, and you owe any balance left.

2. You get sued. So what? First, they have to notify you, and you have 30 days to respond. Essentially, you have 30 days to pay $15 to a debt collector, who will then close your file. If you wait beyond 30 days, and some nutbag debt collector actually sues, you’re on the hook for $15 + court costs which are usually around $300 give or take.

There’s your worst case scenarios. Relax.

3 Likes

okay thanks for the information, im done with disputing for a while now.

whats worse can happen if i run naked in park or the snow lol, its sounds fun.

You will die of hypothermia. Not worth it. You could do it fully clothed though. Don’t forget a scarf. Fresh air is very good for you.

2 Likes