Craving or hallucination?

All of a sudden I can smell smoke and taste tobacco, except that I’m surrounded by non-smokers in a non-smoking suite in a non-smoking building with the windows closed.

I haven’t touched a cigarette in 2 months. Is this just my brain’s way of expressing a craving? Has anyone else quit and gotten random flashbacks like this? Just curious haha

It could be a craving,

Or more likely, you’re actually smelling tobacco.

After I quit smoking I became super sensitive to cigarette smell,

You’re probably just picking up on some slight odor and getting a craving.

1 Like

Or like, something that smells similar maybe? Like the neighbours are making toast? Could be

1 Like

Maybe someone in the building is cheating and smoking somewhere

2 Likes

So true,

I’ve smoked in plain view of a lot of these:

Image result for no smoking sign

1 Like

Hah I bet that’s it too

1 Like

It’s probably a craving, could be something else. Just the brains way of tempting you.

1 Like

Phantosmia. If you are the only one who is smelling smoke fumes, then this might be a sign of a chronic nasal / sinus infection. Rarely, this could be caused by an adverse effect of a medication, migraine headaches that occur without pain, or even more rarely, a stroke. I would be concerned about your brain and would get an EEG and MRI and a neurological examination.

1 Like

Could be a sinus thing! I’ve had that before. Can the thing happen after the infection clears?

I wouldn’t be surprised since a viral infection that injured the olfactory nerve fibers that are present at the top of the inside of the nose.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.