Could you make it on your own or do you need help?

• I can make it on my own
  • I need help

0 voters

I really don’t think I could make it without my Mom helping me sign up for cheap housing by taking me to the social security office and getting my bank to sign a bunch of paperwork. She also manages my money. I just get a sum of money every couple of days for groceries. She also takes me to my appointments.

4 Likes

I need help for sure… cuz i am paralysed…!!! Holy…

3 Likes

Currently I could make it on my own and am pretty much doing so. But I’m very fearful of the future and don’t think this will last and I’ll need help.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish I had some help in the present.

7 Likes

I would be on streets without my family

4 Likes

I’m living with my parents, I’m getting some financial help from disability but I’m looking forward to work a part-time job. I picked ‘I need help’ to reflect my current status :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes i need help i can’t even make/prepare food i’m useless

3 Likes

I used to make it on my own. I survived, but I was an absolute wreck. Now, I have the help of my doctors, therapists, friends, and husband. I work much better this way.

5 Likes

I’ve been making it on my own for years now. I don’t have parents to help me; they both are deceased, have been for years.

Working is a struggle for me, but I’m able to battle through my workdays.

I’m currently out of work, so I may need financial help from my sister or maybe a charity if I don’t get approved for unemployment compensation. It seems like I should be approved, considering I’m out of work by no fault of my own, but I worry about being denied.

This is a rare thing for me, I normally work two part-time jobs to make ends meet.

6 Likes

I am making it my own. I want to progress more but not active so far.

3 Likes

The early intervention team have been great.
I have absolutely no idea how things would have been without my family. Hmm maybe I would have been more independent. But maybe not. I really dunno

2 Likes

I need help. My husband is such a positive influence in my life, he talks me down when I’m psychotic and I need it. If not for him, I’d be living with my mother or sister.

3 Likes

I need help. I’m currently living with my parents and I don’t know what I’d do without them. I was about to take steps towards independence before I got sick. Psychosis rendered everything about my life so uncertain.

5 Likes

I need help. Without my parents i would be homeless

4 Likes

I don’t think I need help anymore as I’ve been stable for a year now but without my family I would be homeless or would have died. I still stay with my parents and help them with bills, groceries and expenses with whatever they need. I pay them about $500 - $600 a month with bills which in return allows me to have a roof over my head, a place to sleep and cooked food.

I’m not independent 100% but I think if I had to I could live on my own but it would be very tough with my income that I have.

3 Likes

Are you physically paralyzed @far_cry0? Or are you talking about your sz?

2 Likes

I need lots of help both financially and medically. I’m supported by the government of the U.S. financially, and I have nurses and social workers who come to see me regularly to give me my shots, and to check and see how I am doing. I have a pdoc who prescribes my medication.

4 Likes

I’ll make it on my own. Finally.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t take care of myself at all if it weren’t for my husband. I have a really hard time caring about myself. My husband helps me stay on track. If I didn’t have him, I’d still be depending on my dad to survive and make ends meet.

1 Like

I’ve been on disability for sza for a long time and now I have another disability called hidradenitis.

1 Like

I need help too.

I am proud and pleased with myself for managing what I do such as dishes and cleaning , feeding animals, making good , watering plants , wheelbarrowing and shoveling.

Getting to appointments nearby , driving , can do grocery shopping by myself etc

But I am on disability.

I have received a lot of help from parents and partner and family.

I lived in the car for a few weeks despite having a stable place to live because I was delusional about it.
I did move back though and was hospitalised shortly after.
I was volunteer working at a aged care home and some staff pulled me aside and said they noticed I did not seem well.

Freak On a leash you have done so well to do so good without your parents.
I hope you will get a job you want and be happy and have support and love :two_hearts: and kindness around you and to you.

I isolated from my family cause I had delusions about them but since my medication increased I am much better and want to get closer to my family.

Being in a psych ward and not having visitors…

The staff can be great though.

The last place I was in psych ward I think the staff and patients were/are really precious people.

We were kind to each other.

One guy got in a fight with staff but apart from that it was no nastiness and he kept apolagising when he was put in isolation but that isolation room had warm soft lights.

I dislike the hard strong cold lights and support psychwstds to have warm lights.
There was a soft mattress too.

I feel limited with my abilities.

I can only drive to some places but with help that could increase.
I do not want to do public transport as little as possible because I do not want to go sick n claustrophobic etc

I do need help and want to be grateful every day that I get help.

Grateful for the abilities I do have.

1 Like