Could you feel yourself slipping?

Or did you develop your illness in a very short amount of time?

Personally, I could feel myself slipping during my freshman year of college (10 years ago…wow). I had no idea what was wrong, but I knew something wasn’t right. I started isolating myself, boozing heavily, having delusions, and was quite the conspiracy theorist. I never put 2 and 2 together, so I lived like this for the longest time till I had an actual psychotic break. It’s weird looking back now, at how I was during what I learned was my prodromal phase.

2 Likes

I feel like im always living on the edge of a psychotic break…

2 Likes

Yes, I could feel myself slipping. Everything got harder. Everyday was a struggle. And the noise. Now my head is quiet, such a relief. I think that’s why I’m sensitive to loud and noisy environments now, it reminds me.

1 Like

I can never feel myself slipping that’s wats so flipppin scary. This psychosis disease takes over me very suddenly

1 Like

That is scary…

I guess I was referring to more the first time you got sick, or maybe the prodromal phase. Could you feel yourself slipping back then, or was it more sudden, overnight kind of thing?

1 Like

I cant even remember. Was in 2016

But in 2018 it was all sudden :frowning:

Actually yea it was more gradual in 2016…experiencing weird beliefs first and then later voices and then later non stop voices

1 Like

yeah, that’s how I was in 2010. Odd beliefs, but I was going to college at the time. I had some very strange encounters with people – people I felt were out to get me. I’m surprised I didn’t end up in jail

1 Like

i started acting different before my psychosis even started, everything was goingdown hill but i didnt think much of it until the psychosis started because i was self medicating in all waking hours. thought it was just depression and not being able to adjust to a new environment but it all led up to the psychosis

1 Like

Is that when you were first diagnosed in 2010?

Im glad u didn’t end up in jail.

Yes, it was obvious that I was trying to cope with way more than I could handle. I couldnt even keep up with college.

1 Like

I wasn’t diagnosed until late 2016 – so my prodromal phase lasted about 6 years. I was basically just in limbo during that time.

1 Like

yeah @anon39015889 I feel like any sort of traumatic event could push me over the edge

1 Like

I’ve had it all my life but I’ve gotten worse over the years. I think I can tell when I’m having a break but Im also confused alot now and I don’t know if I can slip any farther now. Idk if I’ve come out of my last episode. But I haven’t seen anyone in 6 months so I don’t have anything to compare to right now or anyone t tell me how crazy I am right now lol. My realities are too confusing

2 Likes

I felt myself slipping slowly, i started becoming paranoid, and thought people were out to harm me and were out to get me, i have had this illness for 26 years and sometimes it so hard to cope with!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.