When did you get psychosis

Wondering when you guys got psychosis. Mine was last spring I had my first delusion then lost of emotion then everything else followed.

3 Likes

Mine was 2016.

2 Likes

First break was 1993 (19 yr),1998 onset (hospital 2000/2001,26yr).Yes,I spent new years eve by the broken window in K department.

4 Likes

Psychotic late 1999.

2 Likes

My first time being diagnosed with psychosis was in the early 2000s

3 Likes

I began to steadily decline in 2012 when I was 12 or 13, hearing voices and having minor delusions and all that jazz, but it took until the end of 2017 when I was 18 for me to have my first real psychotic episode. full psychosis is traumatic as hell, I’ve never been able to recover fully from the effects it caused me. my body is weak cuz i starved myself in the worst of my psychosis, and I still fall back into the delusions i had back then at times, albeit to a less extreme extent. I just wanna take out my brain and beat it the hell up for what it’s done to me lol

5 Likes

I hallucinated in elementary school, but my first full break was at age 17 in 2002

2 Likes

I know what you mean, I was an anorexic in my break

1 Like

I thought I had to starve myself so I’d be so pretty that the people who came to kidnap me wouldn’t be able to go through with it lol. a strange and damaging delusion, that’s for sure

4 Likes

2015 was my 1 episode but now i can tell i was sick from 2012.

1 Like

It was my lucky year 2013. I broke my elbow on a fight, went to a hospital to get some screws on it and soon after I left, like a day or 2 BAM!
It was 6 months of pure stupidity while I had psychosis, fortunately I did not end up in jail or had any fine, but it was pure luck :joy:

1 Like

I got diagnosed in 2002/3 i think i was about 20 but it was a gradual build up

1 Like

I’m 59 years old. My sister says I was first psychotic when I was 19. I don’t remember now. I do remember hallucinating when I was in high school, but at the time I thought it was real.

1 Like

The rest of schizophrenia symptoms came 5 years after your first psychotic break?

2 Likes

Was 22 at my first psychotic break. About 17 months ago

1 Like

I’ve had symptoms as long as I can remember. My first memories at age 3 were of hallucinating vividly. Even before that my mom says I was very fearful and would talk about there being ghosts in my room. I was constantly paranoid of my life being in danger. By 5 I had my first delusion that lasted around 8 years.

1 Like

I was symptomatic with anxiety and paranoia since I was a kid.
I also hallucinated as a kid from time to time.

But my first major break happened when I was 20 years old.

1 Like

Mine didn’t set in fully until I was 19 years old. It was pretty brutal and I didn’t know what the heck was happening. I tried to explain to my parents and school psychologist but they didn’t listen and just accepted it as me “going through puberty” or something. It wasn’t until last year when I was in full-blown psychosis and crying in my psychiatrist’s office, and told her about the voices, unending thoughts and delusions. That’s when she told me what’s going on with me and got me on meds right away. I owe her my life.

3 Likes

I get really bad delusions. I don’t hallucinate. It started in 2011. I recovered from dp/dr. I literally have low motivation and have problems completing tasks like cooking. I can just use the microwave. I lost the motivation and ability to cook. I’m stressed and lazy. It seems complicated.

3 Likes

My first total break was in 1983. I was 23 years old and in my first year of nursing school. Actually my first day.

1 Like