Confused about my new diagnosis

When I was 17 I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and a lot of doctors agreed with the diagnosis. But my psychiatrist said I have dysthymia and anxiety issues but he doesn’t take my hallucinations seriously and just wanted me to use anti depressant even though i told him it wouldn’t help my hallucinations and they are getting worse. He thinks i’m ok and he might think I’m making the voices up myself because he’s asked me if its in my imagination. I’m seeing and hearing things a lot and I don’t know if i should take his advice or not or consult someone else.

1 Like

Go to another doctor, or complain to the committee or something

6 Likes

Yes do what ola says…change ur doctor …!!!:ok:

4 Likes

Psychiatrists are a dime a dozen. Never hang everything on one doctor of any kind. The minute you know they’re not listening to you, find someone who will.

1 Like

i would certainly try to see another psychiatrist if you have voices that bother you and he does not believe you.

1 Like

I had few doctors like that, one accused me of lying about hallucinations. The other one was a complete jerk. He didn’t acknowledge my symptoms just kept me on a low dose of meds that didn’t work . Get a second opinion

1 Like

I am in total agreement with everyone here. Change your doctor!

1 Like

Yes, find a different pdoc.