Concerned about relatives reading my posts

Yes of course that’s fine, just need to relax a bit on the private messages, as I find it hard to cope with and I feel under a lot of pressure because of it.

I am not used to having friends. It’s not something I have done for quite a few years to let someone in like that.

2 Likes

No problem. Just trying not to cause you any grief.

You may want to check the post Do animals have a soul post. It was locked after I replied. I try to avoid religion as I used to have religious hallucinations/delusions. Don’t look if religion triggers you. It case it was locked because of what I said, I’m not going to repeat it.

Any one who has had a pet, knows they’re in possession of a soul.

3 Likes

If you say so. 15

A soul is just a term used to describe consciousness, and can be used in a non-religious sense.

My use of the term is purely from as much of a scientific lean as you can get using that word.

All life is conscious and humans can be extremely arrogant when it comes to this.

2 Likes

i think same. My kitty cat followed me back at my home and she stayed with me her whole life. I’m sure she had a soul and she knew my soul was good for her.

1 Like

Well sure animals are conscious and alive just as people are.

2 Likes

One more word on triggers. There are people here who a particular division of the military trigger. So I don’t think it’s a good idea to specifically mention the branch my brother-in-law belongs too, even though I don’t think that violates any forum rule.

My family say that this forum is wasting my life and that I could do something more useful. My psychiatrist told me the same.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Aziz. Thanks for sharing. I imagine mine would probably say the same.

1 Like

i think this forum is really helpful… it doesn’t look like a waste of time to me. It’s some form of staying social a bit in the ways that work.

2 Likes

I am just here to pass time honestly as it doesn’t help my negative symptoms at all, nada.

1 Like

The definition of “useful” is kind of subjective.

2 Likes

@lekkerhondje @Bowens

Honestly if I didnt have negative symptoms I wouldnt be here, I would get back to hangout with my friends everyday and work.

2 Likes

Yeah, the negative symptoms kick my ass too. But I don’t have any friends that live around here anymore so I dunno what I would do if I didn’t have them. It would be nice to just enjoy something besides food. Anhedonia is the worst for me. 2nd might be lack of motivation.

1 Like

You can find friends at work parties, online, through family, church, school, etc Plenty of ways.

2 Likes

You can also find friends at mental health clubs.

1 Like

I think it’s good to be able to use the forum to connect with others.

For me, I knew nothing about Schizophrenia when I first came here, and a lot of people helped me understand things when I had questions.

Maybe it could be the amount of time you use the forum that may be the issue?

I don’t know if I use it too much as I live alone and have no one to tell me what to do with my time

2 Likes

Could be. Sometimes stories here are depressing and if I was busy with life I wouldn’t be here.