Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Schizophrenia, Therapists Manual Available for Free

Originally published at: http://schizophrenia.com/wp/?p=50
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for schizophrenia has gotten a lot of good scientific validation lately and also covered in the press as being an effective and helpful approach for people who have schizophrenia. In the USA we are not the leaders in this area of research, but in the UK where pharma companies are not allowed…

5 Likes

Dang that’s alotta pages…

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I just found it and I felt like saying something.

I emailed the manual to my husband. I’d rather have him understand better what to do in case my psychosis approaches than find another therapist who will charge me incredible sums of money to do something they know as much about.

Thanks for this post! :smile:

1 Like

I’m writing my paper on this for one of my classes! This will be a helpful resource :smiley: Wish there were more studies done on this…there’s so few studying modifying CBT for sz and other psychotic disorders, and even when there are some the validity and methods of treatment are questionable…I’ve found like one study in my searching that actually had detailed plans for how to treat each type of symptom of the disorder.

Hopefully in the future this improves!!

1 Like