Clozapine working

Hey so I’ve been taking Clozapine 400mg a day for 3 weeks and I’m noticing a big difference…
The voices are diminishing luckily, im hoping it stays this way.
I’m also taking Serequel and Zyprexa at night
Also I’m not experiencing many side affects, just drooling and tremors… Not worried too much about them.
Anything working for you? Feel free to share.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I was on 6mg Risperidone but recently went down to 5mg. Still testing the lower dose but no symptoms so far. I have no positive symptoms but have bad negative symptoms.

1 Like

Glad it’s making a difference. It’s supposed to be a miracle med for some people.

1 Like

Risperdal injection works, and take zyprexa.
What dose zyprexa you on?

1 Like

I got on clozapine 15 years ago and I can honestly thank this medication for getting me psychosis free. There are negative things about this medication but I am willing to live with them and tolerate them as the positive effects are more important.

1 Like

I’m on 20 mg Zyprexa :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I feel the same way

How do you like that dose?
Is this your first meds ?

1 Like

I’m liking it I guess… I’m more stable than I’ve ever been. I’ve tried a good amount before I got on this.

1 Like

Invega Sustenna works for me and Wellbutrin

2 Likes

Tremor would bother me. I’m so glad you don’t mind it and are happy with your new med.

1 Like

I’ve also been on invega sustena and I believe it worked as well but I stopped getting my shot because I thought I didn’t need it… Needless to say I was wrong and my symptoms returned. I’m thinking about going back on it if my Clozapine stops working, which I hope doesn’t happen. I’m gonna stick with what’s working.:v:

1 Like

Hey I have been on clozapine about 3 months. I’m taking 300mg. Do you find it hard to wake up in the morning? I sleep a little extra I think. I had insomnia on more activating meds. I’ve gotten paranoid a couple times on clozapine I hope that goes away.

I don’t have a hard time getting up,.but I go to sleep really early (around 6-7)… I haven’t had a panic attack but I got a tremor and the first week my heartbeat was fast. Other than that I’ve been ok

Glad that it’s working for you. I take 12 mg Invega pills. Still hallucinations but no delusions. I also take Wellbutrin as an ad.

I am stuck on 75mg 5 days in and I am getting frustrated with it all

My heart can’t cope with more than 1 AP, and they’re hoping Clozapine is the one to work

However, I need a bit of crazy left in me, and pretty unwilling to continue down this path right now.

1 Like

I’m on 3 antipsychotics likewise and they makes the positive vanish. Negative symptoms have really improved the last 4 years but I stil have got some cognitive problems that I try to overcome now with exercise. No severe side effects and no tar dive dyskinesia and I’ve been on antipsychotics for 28 years. I liked the 3 you’re on too.

2 Likes