Cig/vape quitting blues

So have been a heavy smoker, off an on, for twenty years. About 5 years ago I was exclusively on a vape for like 2 years. Went back to tobacco though

In an attempt to save cash I restarted the vape but from some reason I totally cough badly. I don’t cough with roll ups.

I have tried the patch in the past but didn’t like it. So have gone and bought nicotine lozenges. Darn if they are not strong! I quite like them in fact. Am on 4mg lozenges but they make 2mg and 1mg

Next years gonna be financially tight for everyone and I will be damned if I am spending money on tobacco

7 Likes

I thought I quitted this time cuz a cold… False alarm…

2 Likes

So you stopped whilst you had a cold and started again after? Easily done my friend

2 Likes

Nicotine lozenges are the best substitute for a vape I think.

I always have a pack of 2mg lozenges in my pocket for the places I go where I can’t vape. (Doctor’s office etc)

2 Likes

Yeah I have used nicotine gum in the past but I would say these lozenges are more effective for me

2 Likes

I´m gonna focus this christmas on quitting…

2 Likes

Do you vape nicotine salts? They come in 50mg ejuice and gets absorbed into the bloodstream instantly like cigarettes do.This post is disheartening because I’ve been free from smoking for only 3 days using vaping nicotine salts and free base nicotine on top of that(lots of flavor/clouds form of vaping)as a method of cessation. I find that nicotine salts are what you want to vape because it completely takes my urge to smoke away if I chief on it a lot when I first wake up. Stats on vaping shows that it takes up to 9 weeks before the majority of vapers said that they stopped coughing.

Vaping costs 2/3rds less than ciggies in a year or something like ~1000$ Vaping versus 3000$ for for ciggies. If your not vaping nicotine salts that’s what you want to get to help with the cravings. It’s helped me tremendously to curb the appetite for ciggies. I just got done making an article on how I quit smoking which is basically nicotine salts to stop.

If you cough just know that it should go away eventually. Try to avoid habits associated with smoking as well to try to stop. First thing I do when I wake it is chief on my nicotine salts even though I cough heavily. Lozenges and patches never worked for me but nicotine salts curbs the cravings tremendously.

1 Like

I need to quit, I also have loz but haven’t really used them just a couple, it’s a never ending battle

2 Likes

I quit vaping a while ago. Then I used nicotine patches on and off. But I relapsed like three times from being around a vape while drinking alcohol. I’m finally 2 months and 7 days nicotine free. I had no withdrawal symptoms.

3 Likes

I’m a 10 year pack a day smoker on his fourth month of zero cigs. I hate it but I literally have started eating and saving more money and can never go back to the expense of what amounts to 250 dollars a month.

Never even tried vapes… but my cig of choice was ultra light 100s. Maybe those are easier to quit than harder cigs.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.