Chantix champix need help!

Hello! I have been on chantix champix for 10 days and I have not stopped smoking nor have I decreased the number of cigarettes I smoke per day. This really worries me, because I live in the third world and here the drugs are very expensive! Can someone guide me on how to make the champix work? or tell me tips and guides ñara leave this addiction.

1 Like

That is how I did it. I got to about 2 weeks in and just stopped buying cigarettes. Didn’t feel any withdrawals and haven’t had one since. That was over 10 years ago now. Sounds like your doing it properly. You just need to set a date and stop.

2 Likes

Well i could not quit smoking with chantix. The only thing that worked for me was to gradually smoke less cigarettes until I got down to1 per day and then 0 per day. You need to start and get the nicotine out of your system. That is the only way I could get rid of my craving for cigarettes. I sucessfully quit smoking Feb. 2018.

2 Likes

Hello, have you gradually reduced or quit cigarettes completely?

Just quit totally. You stop whilst on the champix and it was easy for me.

1 Like

Hila, I have been taking champix for a long time, 31 days. I have not stopped smoking although I smoke less. they say that from the 1st to the 14th you can leave I will try this week, does anyone tell me what you think? it will work? I’m desperate.

Do you take psych meds too? I am afraid to try it. I take a lot of meds.

Yes risperidona levomezopromazine And zoloft

1 Like