Cell types underlying schizophrenia identified

8 Likes
4 Likes

Is it any usefull… not a big buzz…!!! haha

Szphernic for life thats my life…!!

1 Like

@Opus did u find this news sensational…!!!

1 Like

Its definitely good news. Its gonna take some time before we see the results of this but its important news for sz.

2 Likes

Okay man… lets hope for better future…!!

1 Like

Is there video of this news…!! @GentleSoul

1 Like

Not that i know of.

1 Like

@twinklestars is this any help in present situation…!!!

1 Like

Thanks for posting @GentleSoul , and @far_cry0 this is good news to bad we won’t See the new treatments for along time

2 Likes

It’s good news, if there are a handful of specific brain cell types to focus on, that could mean better chances of devising a stem cell or gene therapy focusing on those cell types.

I think they are also working on medicines that may help normalize function in specific cell types.

Yeah, it’s a long way out. But it’s good, no question.

3 Likes

And thanks, @GentleSoul that is the news I come here for :sunny:

4 Likes

I already feel very well, I can only dream of how well I will feel if my schizophrenia is cured!
Thank you for posting, @GentleSoul !

2 Likes

Thank you for the post @GentleSoul.

3 Likes
2 Likes

We found," note the authors, “that the common-variant genomic results consistently mapped to pyramidal cells, medium spiny neurons (MSNs), and certain interneurons, but far less consistently to embryonic, progenitor, or glial cells.”

2 Likes

Precise targets to work on ?

1 Like

Any good medication sooner…!! @Utsuru

“This would have important implications for development of new treatments, as separate drugs may be required for each cell type involved,” Prof. Sullivan explains

1 Like

Hopefully in the near future

1 Like