CBD Cannabidoil instead of anti psychotics?

I read an article that cannabidiol (CBD) a non psychoactive component of cannabis can be used to treat schizophrenia without any of the side effects. Has anyone tried it? Here is a quote from article.

“The results were amazing,” says Daniele Piomelli, professor of pharmacology at the University of California-Irvine and a co-author of the study. “Not only was [CBD] as effective as standard antipsychotics, but it was also essentially free of the typical side effects seen with antipsychotic drugs.”

Here is the link http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/30/marijuana-compound-treats-schizophrenia-with-few-side-effects-clinical-trial/

1 Like

@Kellie she disappeared after saying she was only gonna use her medical marijuana she had a CBD herb she had to smoke. lately she’s disappeared saying she didn’t need her meds anymore…now she’s gone…anybody heard anything on her?

The tests are still very early, and if you read the studies you need to take a lot of CBD for it to be helpful (which costs a lot of money right now - like over $100 a day).

Also - there have been many discussions on this topic here during the past 6 months - you might want to search using the search button in the upper left corner of the site.

Here are some examples:

1 Like

afghan gold seal for giggles and munchies, CBD might work for some forms of schizophrenia, it wont do squate if your metal toxic, i bought sum cibrex, i thought it was overpriced contained very little cbd and feeling was just of disinterest, since cannabis binds to heavy metals like mercury, copper and lead and crosses the brain blood barrier, i reckon you need to do a detox before taking CBD and most people have mercury amalgumns

Imagine… IF medicinal companies would turn their heads to psychedelic compounds instead of blindly abra-cadabraing molecules out of thin air, imagine, if they spend their/our blood-money on mankind-approved plants/fungi/stuff research of which has been used for million of years, imagine, just for a minute, how awesome it could be. sigh. much cheaper, much less sideeffects when using their futurstic skills/tech to isolate compunds, much less confusion, much more “green” much more…awesome. ain’t gonna happen though. those are for the über-mensch, what are you, stupid? sigh.

Please follow the news section of this forum. There are companies doing this. See this news story about GW Pharmaceuticals::

Recently Potter and GW’s team have turned their attention to developing a cannabis-based treatment for psychosis and related illnesses such as schizophrenia. For a drug that is widely seen as a trigger for acute psychotic illness in young users, this at first sounds preposterous. But, as Potter explains, the cannabis plant is much more than just a psychedelic weed.

“The most well-known ingredient in cannabis that gets people high is THC [or tetrahydrocannabinol],” says Potter, who often travels to give talks in London carrying a suspicious-smelling suitcase of the plants. “But THC is just one of dozens of potentially useful cannabinoids in the plant.”

Cannabinoids are chemicals that act on the brain’s cannabinoid receptors, part of a system that regulates a variety of physiological processes including pain sensation, mood, memory and appetite.

In high doses, THC can induce temporary schizophrenia-like psychotic symptoms such as paranoia, delusions, anxiety and hallucinations. Yet cannabis also contains a cannabinoid known as CBD (or cannabidiol), which appears to have almost the exact opposite effect.

Read the full story here

1 Like

and how many people are these avaliable to? not many. instead we (well, I) literally get all sorts of wacky ap’s thrown at me

Well apparently no one who tried CBD cared to post about it on here. I was thinking of moving to California so I can try a CBD spray. There is a spray I found through Project CBD that has a CBD to THC ratio of 18 to 1.

Someone I know from online tried cbd oil from [URL REMOVED] hemp version she had psychosis and she took 100mg a day of cbd 1-2percent she said she was ok and it has been a year she said she had no symptoms. Then this other guy on Facebook had schizo and reports success with female buds cbd for atleast 8 months that I know of