Can't stop pacing, help?

well you ■■■■■■■ do something you don’t really want to do… like biking or calling your mother

1 Like

medication helped me with restlessness but it was still hard to control, eventually i just started to sit down as much as i could and tried to block it out, it has worked but idk if everyone can do that, anyway this is just a good guess as to how i stopped it and i think it is correct.

Yeah it is best just to occupy the mind it is hard though :stuck_out_tongue:

Like walking on a treadmill while reading O_o

2 Likes

or just going outside if its warm enough…

if you want it to be interesting you could read will rotating on the treadmill… like the ok go guys

I always fall off of those things… evil

1 Like

Audiobooks! I can’t read while walking, but I can listen.

2 Likes

what if you get a 3D headset and you can explore a virtual world and maybe even fight dragons lol (could happen)

1 Like

Try and get your meds changed or take something to stop side effects like cogentin

I already do that in my mind XD when I am pacing. It is really fun! But I have to have music on most of the time!

Magnesium has really helped my akathisia, and I take only a total of daily recommended dose in 2 separate doses. I was pacing maybe 4-5 hours a day and now less than an hour. Don’t want to take the meds for akathisia that have side-effects of their own. I buy some high absorption stuff online but the regular pills from pharmacy helped too, just a little bit less. Your results may vary ofc.

1 Like

I just read on the Treadmill. I learned how genes are turned on and off. It actually mentioned sz and psychosis as being a result of mutations in chromatin structures. Interesting !

1 Like