Can you please fix the forum?

Remove the minimum character requirements and the like functionality.
I don’t want this stuff to be there.

1 Like

You can go elsewhere. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I am sure I am not the only one that is affected.

Hey i think thats a great suggestion @Halozination it would be helpful. I think this website is technically hosted by a larger forum website or soemthing rhough… i forgot the name… is it like, dashboard or somethjng? So i think wed have to complain to that company. I thibk the purpose of it though is to stop people from spamming one word answers etc whcih can make the thread lengthy and difficult to navigate. :slight_smile:

What problem do you have with the Ike function?

I like the like function, I don’t like disklike functions.

I agree with you about the minimum character requirement though, doesn’t make much sense, people just add 15151515 to their post which adds no value to the conversation.

3 Likes

I like both functions. Eggeggegg

1 Like

I don’t think they can do anything about it…doesn’t bother me at all…you don’t have to make much effort to escape the fifteen character min.

1 Like

Its discord. And the software costs the owner 200 dollars of his own money per month not including hosting.

Thank you @SzAdmin

2 Likes

Oh oh oh! I also have a problem.

Can someone puuuh-leeeeeaaaze fix it so that everyone sees fireworks each time I post?

Thankee in advance!!

:blush:

12 Likes

It’s actually called discourse, but I used to get the two confused also.

We should probably be grateful for the free forum that is provided for us instead of nitpicking about minor inconveniences @Halozination . I will agree that the fifteen characters is a minor nuisance, but cmon…how big of a deal is it? How much time out of your day do you have to take to type “1515155” every once in awhile?

9 Likes

Removing the like function would suck. I like those little dopamine bursts!

10 Likes

Here, have a like heart!! :smile:

I like the likes! And yeah, the 15 character minimum is annoying, but come on, it’s not a big deal.

4 Likes

Oh yeah i mix up the two as well :smile:

4 Likes

I just gave you a dopamine boost :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

5 Likes

I would be disappointed if the like function was removed as well. I think the majority would agree that it is a good thing.

6 Likes

on the other forum i am a member of they have about 8 reaction emojis to choose from, its pretty cool

1 Like

I prefer 69696969.

:blush:

5 Likes

Its not a way of dealing with each other. It’s there to keep you engaged (and on larger websites to create flocks so people think they must go there) but disrupts flow. Some features really are just there to exploits human weakspots I think.

We had something similar on this forum for a brief time as well a few months back. Was not permanent though. I think I remember hearing something about it accidentally being set to a default setting when it is usually an option? Thats why we had it for a brief time.

3 Likes