Can you please fix the forum?

You feel you are being exploited by this forum?

1 Like

maybe some people feel left out if they dont get a like i guess, i can see how that can happen,

1 Like

I use the heart button for showing support or thinking somethings cool or like a hi five.
Its a great feature on a support forum

8 Likes

Ehh, the fifteen thing really isn’t that big of a thing. I just use it to ramble little comments :grin:

2 Likes

Thats human nature. Its the “where my gold star reaction”

On that note you get a heart :heart:

4 Likes

Who invented the like and when? Just because every large website has it doesn’t mean its good and should be everywhere. If I could I would get rid of it elsewhere too.

Well, you can always contact the admin to complain. I honestly don’t think it’s going to get you anywhere though. I think the “like” is built into the platform/software. I have zero idea if there is an option for changing the fifteen character limit to none.

3 Likes

The like can be toggled on or off by site admins. But i imagine most of us want it to stay

I actually think when i joined the like button didnt exist yet

3 Likes

I did not know that. Yes, I agree, the vast majority probably want it.

4 Likes

I just found an article on this as well. You are right.

Edit: or a discourse meta post to be more accurate.

3 Likes

i could live without it, like its not essential but i like it, its nice getting a like but if i didnt get one i may feel ignored, so i get that

2 Likes

I like the like, it’s like, if there was no like so I couldn’t get the like out of getting the like, well, I wouldn’t like it. Not to say I’d dislike it, but I couldn’t like it coz there’s be no like. Sumthin’ like that.

4 Likes

I guess if someone doesn’t want to reply to something he or she can like the post instead. Whatever. They would find another way of doing something if the like wasn’t there if they actually wanted to do anything.

LevelJ1 “liked this”

2 Likes

Either way, moderators and members have no control over these options. If these issues really bother you this much, I suggest contacting SzAdmin directly. He is the only one that can make these changes. If the likes/hearts were to disappear, I suspect there would be an uproar from other members though. I doubt you would see that many complaints about the character limit.

1 Like

oh you are saying someone might click a like instead of replying?
i guess it is possible but if it has happened it is probably very rare but i am not sure, i feel like if someone was unable to write a reply bc of paranoia then they could opt for the heart in theory but only if it was appropriate

1 Like

I do that sometimes. I do that with my friends over text with the thumbs up emoji

1 Like

I think, like is really useful.
If there is no like, you would say something people don’t like.
Since there are likes, one will drive self towards getting like and know one’s status.
Just my calculations, may be wrong as well.

I still wonder what is the 15 character words you guys are looking for?
Till now I have only found one word “Congratulations” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, then you run into the dilemma, do I give someone a like who just said they’re miserable or something else negative? You want to support them but it also can look like you’re approving or encouraging negativity.

4 Likes

Did you really have to ask me that question? In my second attempt to answer it, I wont answer it.