Can you overdose on Prozac?

Yesterday I wanted to commit suicide using my Prozac 10mg. My friend just told me it’d make me very sick. Can you kill yourself on these medications ?

Not suicidal anymore- just curious

I don’t think so… I think prozac/fluoxetine or I heard that it was very mild. It’s basically flouride. Maybe if you had gallons of it… Just don’t do that again.

Ohh okay- don’t worry I didn’t try to I just wanted to really badly

I tried to kill myself with 30mg Ativan but I didn’t make it

Sure. You can overdose on anything, even water.

2 Likes

There’s no confirmed, pain free way to kill yourself… You can take anyone’s word for it. You can only screw your life. Don’t hurt yourself dude.

2 Likes

I’ll try not to :two_hearts: Thank you!

4 Likes

From what I understand, the mechanism of an SSRI makes it very difficult to achieve a lethal dose.

2 Likes

Yeah! I remember you saying that to me. I was just wondering more about that. Why is that?

You can overdose on anything. You can OD on water lol.

SSRI’s are very difficult to have a fatal OD on. People down entire bottles of them or mix w others and it just knocks them out for several days. Many modern psych meds are created today to be difficult to overdose on because well they know the people they’re giving the meds to are more likely to try to use them that way. (Doesn’t mean it’s safe to do that though!!)

Overdosing in general is a really ineffective way of trying to kill yourself unless you’re a chemist or a pharmacist who knows what’s up and you’re more likely to wind up w brain damage or something.

2 Likes

@Anna is better at words than me

1 Like

Well I definitely don’t want brain damage. What about tylonel? Or Iboprofen ? Those were the two I wanted to OD on originally

1 Like

I’m not comfortable answering that question.

Oh sorry smokes

Ibuprofen again very difficult to OD on. You’ll give yourself stomach ulcers. Tylenol is very dangerous and causes liver failure however. It is like the top med for accidental overdose deaths bc people assume it’s harmless as it’s over the counter and so regularly used. I highly recommend not keeping amounts of this at your house if you are not stable.

1 Like

You okay? 15151515

@doodle if you’re ever at the point of wanting to kill yourself on OTC painkillers… please call or message the crisis center. That’s not the way you want to go. I promise :heart:

4 Likes

Okay- sorry guys I’m not suicidal RIGht now I was just curious ! Also I think I will try to remove the tylonel from me or ask my mom to hide it

3 Likes

I know you’re not sweetie. But you need to be safe for if/when you are. I’ll pm you later? :heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes please do! I still gotta watch that video but I’m like 4 hours from home still :disappointed_relieved::two_hearts:

1 Like