Can you have full insight in psychosis?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think it is a case by case basis.

In my case I could always tell a hallucination from reality. I also knew that from a clinical point of view my delusion would be considered a false belief. My current pdoc specifically said he was glad I had insight into my illness after talking to him. Nonetheless, it all seemed like this stuff was really happening to me at the time even though no one could hear my voices or see what I saw or felt what I felt or thought what I thought. It’s all gone now since being on meds.

Even when I was psychotic I knew who I was, where I was, what was going on in the world, etc… I wasn’t absent from reality.

1 Like

I just want to know if my experience is psychotic or not

1 Like

Well if you are experiencing hallucinations and/or delusions that is psychotic.

1 Like

Idk if they are/were delusions

If a professional told you they were delusions and put you on antipsychotics you can trust that you were delusional. We can’t change your diagnosis. Nor can we diagnose you today and tell you if you are psychotic on not. We aren’t in your head and we aren’t trained professionals.

4 Likes

Yes I’m aware of that
I’m scared of court rn

1 Like

Sometimes there are consequences to your actions. You just have to face them and get through it and learn from your mistakes.

I know that but it doesn’t take away my fear

Luckily I have a lawyer w/ me then

1 Like

I know you are afraid, I’m sorry. That is part of the consequence. The bad feelings is part of your punishment unfortunately.

So you want to punish a mentally ill child?

1 Like

I don’t. I wish I could make you feel better. But the system wants to make you accountable and to really regret what you have done and be remorseful and learn from your mistake.

The system sucks

1 Like

If someone had threatened your life and really scared you and made you fear for your safety you would want them to be held accountable and to learn their lesson so they wouldn’t keep doing it.

2 Likes

Yes but it doesn’t help

1 Like

What doesn’t help?

Judging me 1525

1 Like

Well, are you going to do that again?

People judge people all the time, but threating someone should always have serious consequences.

2 Likes

Look we’ve all gotten in to trouble in our lives, we’ve all made mistakes and had consequences. It’s part of growing and learning. No one is perfect. You’re going to get through this it’s going to be ok. Whatever the punishment is, you can handle it and you’ll be a better stronger person because of it.

1 Like

To respond to the main question: I think it is a difficul question. I was told by a psychiatrist 1,5 years ago that I was psychotic, so at least I knew that other would considder me to be so. I can’t remember if I agreed, I don’t think so not to begin with. I regonised that that was the opinion of my psychiatrist, but I didn’t think I was psychotic.