Can you clear your mind? [poll]

i do this all the time, i try and clear my mind completely and relax, i dont always relax but i can clear my head somewhat, meds help of course but i like to think that i add to my recovery, its not all the meds :wink: if you know what i mean.

• i can clear my head
  • its too hard to clear my mind
  • thinking of nothing is boring
  • i cant relax my brain
  • cheese
  • nothing
  • forgot

0 voters

1 Like

Mine is an emotional roller coaster. Itā€™s only quite when I sleep.

Iā€™m on 20 mg of abilifyā€¦

I canā€™t read much longer than a paragraph. Donā€™t watch TVā€¦canā€™t watch movies. I have the attention span of a gnat on these meds.

Oh look! A bee just flew by my face!! Iā€™m off to follow it!!

(But what kind of CHHhheeeese!!!)

Use to be able to almost at will. Was sort of part meditation part catatonia. Was always a lot of peace with it and my way to shut the world out. Miss being able to do it tbh. Have learned a few meditation techniques since and just hard to shut down anything like that.

I can get my mind to simmer down a bitā€¦ but I canā€™t clear it for anythingā€¦ to much in thereā€¦ chatterā€¦ external stimuli trying to get inā€¦ double thinking and over thinkingā€¦ racing thoughtsā€¦

I can get it to slow downā€¦ but it depends on whatā€™s around meā€¦

I need a quiet low stimulus place if Iā€™m going to quiet the mind.

2 Likes

i feel like i lost control over every thought and action after my breakdown. its like somebody else is doing it for me or like there is no impact of decision whatsoever.

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling like my mind was empty when i take a nap or during coffee time , playing tennis or games , after that iā€™m feeling ā€œrefreshā€ and itā€™s amazing :wink: . In my view , any sad stories from the past just let it stay in the past and i dont mind about it anymore .

1 Like

cheese seems to be popular with sz i wonder if that is a symptom :pizza: anyone for a dominos :wink: haha

Sometimes I can, sometimes I canā€™t. I answered ā€œcheeseā€. Iā€™m a mouse. I will always answer ā€œcheeseā€.

iā€™m sure i saw a study done on mice and they had a choice between eating cheese and eating peanuts and they chose the peanuts every time :mouse:

1 Like

Yoga was really helpful once I had the psychosis symptoms start. Ability to lay there and think nothing has been VERY helpful to stop run-on thoughts. Great reason to try yoga, just try the positions and donā€™t think about anything except how the stretch feels and if you should advance to more challenging position. The beginner stretcher are a lot like high school gym class stuff, especially if you were involved in sports. You probably know a lot of stretching stuff. Lots of the yoga classes take place in a gym and just not the right spot to try to ignore background noise from next room like a step class with music cranked up or basketball on other side of wall. But anyone can get a matt at Walmart for $10 and just use yogajournal.com to try some poses. Matt is really suggested as it is slip resistant with bare feet. A little yoga music or instrumental only stuff and you are there. An old belt or towel can assist you in trying the complicated stretches.

I used to be bothered. I took meds and maybe needed them. But trying to concentrate on work is the only thing that helped me. Yes its was very hard but the more I practiced, the easier it got. Plus salary can solve many problems.

1 Like