Can someone under 18 be diagnosed with sz/sza/dd

some people say its not possible but i was diagnosed with sz

Yes they can. As you have. It’s just avoided where possible

My first episode was when I was 16, and they said drug induced psychosis

But then at 23 I had another episode that lasted a long time without illicit drugs involved so they called it SZ

2 Likes

Yes it is possible.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with sz as well.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at age sixteen, later changed to schizo affective disorder bi polar type five years later. I read a doctor can’t diagnose you with sz unless you’ve had symptoms 6 months but I was diagnosed immediately. I wondered if I might have avoided taking medicine in the beginning but I don’t think so because as it was the first five years I was on just a tiny dose of medicine. I went off the first year and got scared when I heard a sinister voice and felt like there was a vacuum about to suck me out of my head through my subconscious. I was hospitalized and forced several times to take it.

1 Like

my psychosis started at age 15. i didnt get diagnosed sza until i was 19

2 Likes

It’s possible,

But they don’t like to do it.

I’ve had issues all my life, starting at twelve I went to a pdoc and therapist.

It wasn’t until I was nineteen that they diagnosed me with SZ.

1 Like

Mine is genetic. So, all my life I had erratic behavior. When I was 25 I took LSD in great amount. That’s when I had my first episode and the strongest. It is indeed possible to have the first ephisode at adolescense and be diagnosed then. I am thankful for my diagnosis because I found out where all the erratic behavior came from and changed my ways.

1 Like

Yes they can.

1 Like