Can a guy be just friends with a girl?

I met someone on that app who seemed like a really cool dude and has the most beautiful girlfriend.

We talked for a while and decided to go on double date. He said he wants to meet me first and i declined immediately.

He is not someone i already know to consider a friend. it just felt weird I guess. Why would he want to just meet me ?

What do you think?

It depends on both really, I have had married female friends in the past, we did not go out for dinner or dancing, it was more like meet for a quick lunch or talk on the phone

1 Like

Warning bells ! :bell: :no_bell: :bellhop_bell:

3 Likes

He wants to figure out if he should dump or keep his current girlfriend and evaluate you as a potential or not. He is not your friend but rather a possible partner or not.

1 Like

Maybe just contact women on patook?

1 Like

It’s possible for a guy to go met a girl just with the intention of being friend but I think this is strange that he wants to do that while he has a girlfriend.

1 Like

Dont go on double dating…cuZ u already have a real bf who loves u like a prince am i right…

1 Like

Its possible, ive seen it done before. I kept in touch with a a few female friends when I was dating one other. It doesn’t ALWAYS work out…it depends on you and the guy. I know its hard for you to trust things, but its a growing process. try to the double date (all 4 of you get to know each other). I know he pushed for one on one, but if your not rdy for that…then don’t.

2 Likes

Yeah i am talking to some women too

1 Like

Yeah and it is strange because his gf looks like an angel to admire.

I also thought it could be fake so

3 Likes

I do think men and women can just be friends,

But unlikely in this case.

Its online, therefore you must be extra suspicious.

Keep the double date,

Odds are good he’ll cancel.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty odd. I’m sure his gf has no idea he’s even on those apps

2 Likes

I am. It’s kind of hard sometimes.

I can’t think of a very good reason a guy who doesn’t know you well would want to meet you alone.

1 Like

One of my best friends is a guy. I go visit him out of state sometimes, and Mr. Star doesn’t mind a bit, because he trusts both of us. I’m told it’s kind of rare, though.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s not always possible, but it just depends on the situation. I have some lady-friends I met in the service, we don’t talk on the phone or meet in person. But we sort of have this unspoken agreement that sex and all that stuff is out of the question.

1 Like

Yeah I said I prefer to meet in couple, he declined in a nice evasive way. It is too dangerous, other than inappropriate.

My friends also told me like it is very inappropriate to be on an app like this and chat with guys, because I am in a relationship and her husband would never let her do something like that. I said me and the mr are a bit more open minded. I have guy friends… but I do not text message my friends’ husbands for example. Of course I won’t.

But I have guy colleagues, guy friends on Facebook, guy friends on here. I do not see anything wrong with it and I am not someone’s procession or a 12 year old. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

@mermaid1 you mentioned several times the other woman is attractive, ive been in this positiin as the other woman, just because shrs pretty doesnt mean its a flag to bring her down ladies by messing with her mans head. Sorry situation, im sure you guys will work it out.

Yes, if you’re single, but not if you’re married. It tends to be upsetting to the wife if you’re spending time alone with another female even if nothing untoward is happening, and it also causes rumours in the community about the state of your marriage. Which is unfortunate.

2 Likes

How do ya’ll function socially with having sz? My social life is dismal lol

if the girl is ugly they can be friends. if she is pretty, no.

3 Likes