Calling fans of the movie "Dune"

Which version do you prefer?

• 1984 version
  • 2021 Version

0 voters

I’ve seen both and I think I still prefer the much maligned 1984 version.

But I also prefer Blade runner with the voice over !

1 Like

I despise the 1984 version. Not watching the 2021 version until the second part is available and I can seem them sequentially on the same day.

2 Likes

Both not without their flaws but 2021 by far. I thought it was a decent attempt and did most of the book…I too like the original Blade Runner cut with the voice over!

2 Likes

I really like the new Dune movie. I’ve seen the old one ages ago and wasn’t a big fan back then.

1 Like

I enjoyed the new Dune movie. Been to watch it twice. Never read the book but heard its a hard read.

1 Like

I forgot the old version, watched it too long ago. The recent movie is good.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the newer version yet but I’ve heard good things. The older version was unique, I think it would have been pretty incredible to see it back when it first came out.

1 Like

I voted for the 84 version just because it’s one of my favorite movies and I haven’t seen the new Dune but it’s on my netflix cue…good idea @velociraptor I think I will wait too.

1 Like

Haven’t seen the 1984 one… the new one is pretty good. Waiiting on the second one

1 Like

Is the new version on TV?

1 Like

I think it’s on Amazon Prime. I watched it on a streaming app.

2 Likes

Yes I have Amazon Prime!
Thanks @LunaNoir!

1 Like

You’re welcome @Wave hugs

1 Like

New Dune is very much “part 1” of a two movie deal. There’s lots of setup without a lot of conclusion. Other than that I think it’s better than the one with Patrick Stewart in it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.