Call me crazy but

Is schizophrenia something you have when you are a child and something you have when you recover from psychosis and it is just something that leads you into psychosis and stops you from getting over your beliefs which you have had in psychosis? Even when you don’t have psychosis, you still have problems that manifest socially and mentally.

1 Like

Sometimes, I think of sz as a physical thing - a headache. So drink water for a headache and it might help your sz.

1 Like

I see it as you have to think a certain way and it leads to all sorts of problems. People often see it as its caused by drug use, bad life choices and stress but the reality is you never stood a chance.

3 Likes

You are born with the faulty SZ genes and stressors we experience in our lives triggers the disorder to flare up.

3 Likes

Yeah I tend to think I always had it. But events and decisions caused it to manifest worse or differently.

1 Like

That is what I am saying though that’s the misconception. It doesn’t cause sz to flare up that problem has been there the whole time, it causes psychosis to flare up.

1 Like

You don’t get schizophrenia. You have had it the whole time.

Yes psychosis.
SZ is always present.

1 Like

Sz should really be classed as a neurological disorder.

2 Likes

We were always a bit off as a child. U think there’s exceptions to this??

I was always loopy, disorganized, imaginative and a little odd. There was a time I could fit in. I’m not sure the stars were probably just aligned right for those years. Probably from 7-10 I was cool. But after and before that I was always kinda weird.

2 Likes

I definitely agree

1 Like

No you can get by as a kid I think, I was the same. You have problems, but you would have a damn hard time diagnosing someone.

2 Likes

One time I saw my high school guidance counselor after diagnosis. He looked at me like oops I messed up on you.

He was always telling my mom that I was fine but I hid a lot of things as a child.

2 Likes

I can remember when I was 5. The teachers had to call my parents in because apparently I was daydreaming all the time.

2 Likes

Yeah I daydreamed a lot too as a kid.
I remember seeing colored lights in my room at night.

2 Likes

I was content enough in my own world until I turned 18. And I wanted to fit in no longer could I be content in my own world.

2 Likes

I am still confused guys. Do doctors see it like this? If so, why do they say 25% of people recover. Have they just got it all wrong do you think?

Or maybe I am wrong, I dont know I give up.

I Was a Very Imaginative Child.

As I Grew Older, During My Youthful Years The World Bared Down on Me With Negative Intentions. Wishing to Harm or Damage My Instinctual Creativity. And Even My Safety.

I Was Threatened. Beaten. Jumped. Attacked. And Looked at as if I Was a Freak.

All Because I Love The Universe Around Me.

I Never Gave Up.

And Never Will.

Have Fun Guys Trying to Discover The Key to Thus Treasure Called Mental Health Disorder.

3 Likes

I am starting to think no one is saying anything because they think I am being crazy. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: