Caffeine pills vs caffeine in coffee?

Any difference? Which on is better? I read that pills have no jitter and less side effects but I think thats false. I use caffeine to combat the tired feeling from meds and to not sleep during the day.

1 Like

I sleep all day without my morning Nescafe.

This started since switching from 80mg Latuda to 4mg Risperdal. I started drinking coffee since being on Risperdal.

1 Like

I think caffeine from coffee and tea and natural sources are the best.

2 Likes

I’ve overdosed on caffeine pills before a few times but never overdosed on coffee or tea.

Edit: I take that back, I have overdosed on coffee many times but just never got any side effects except for insomnia.

1 Like

What side effects did you get? Sometimes I am too lazy to make coffee so I thought about pills lol

The worst was when I took 2,000mg of caffeine pills and I kept vomiting whenever I would drink water or cherry juice. I had to go to the hospital to get medication to stop vomiting and get a water IV.

1 Like

Wow thats 10 pills of high strength caffeine pills. That’s suicide. Good thing that you’re still alive, you could have died from a heart attack as too much caffeine overtax the heart.

2 Likes

I drink coffee out of habit, sometimes i rather lie in bed than taking anything to keep me awake.

1 Like

Thats worse man, stay awake!

1 Like

It hots different, dont like caffeine pills… coffee tastes great and also goes well with smoking

1 Like

I started drinking ten cups of coffee a day when I was 16. I’m 62 now, and I switched to caffeine pills a few years ago. I’m starting to think that my addiction to caffeine is psychosomatic. It seems like the pills vary in the potency. Sometimes I get a good life from them, and other times I feel no effect.

1 Like

Whats its advantages?

It is much easier to prepare and use them. You don’t have to prepare caffeine pills at all. I don’t think they’re as hard on your insides. Coffee has a pretty fair amount of acid in it. You don’t get heartburn from the pills.

2 Likes

I had a two hour nap today post depot

2 Likes

I take one 80mg caffeine dissolvable tablet in water each day right now. It’s easy to prepare and seems to have a more calm effect.

Downside is if I actually want a hot beverage, but I have plenty of caffeine free teas to prepare.

1 Like

I’ve never tried caffeine pills, but caffeine in coffee seems to do the trick when I need an extra boost before work

2 Likes

Personally I like drinking coffee. Pills wouldn’t be as enjoyable for me. And besides if I drink more than two cups of nescafe each with one teaspoon of dry coffee I can’t sleep at night. I don’t want to know what caffeine pills would do to my sleep.

1 Like

I used to have caffeine pills with eleuthero root and liquid caffeine, i felt like i was a jaguar they were pretty strong.

2 Likes

I think natural sources like coffee are better

2 Likes