Caffeine is a trigger to me

So i am quitting coffee completely, yesterday had an episode due to having 2 home brewed mochas yesterday. Today I didnt take a drop of coffee and feeling much better. Damn, I cant take a drop of alcohol nor coffee, at least nicotine doesnt affect me much

1 Like

Coffee makes me worse also.

1 Like

I definitely try to limit caffeine. I rarely use it.

2 Likes

I’m trying to quit caffeine too. I’m limiting my coffee to no more than two a day until I use up what I have left. I’m trying to avoid caffeine withdrawal headaches.

2 Likes

I find instant coffee has less acid in it and less caffeine. I used to become an angry psychotic when I brewed it and I couldn’t ever find anyone who could relate and I thought something was wrong with me.

Some doctors say that we should never use it. Most hospitals for mentally ill don’t give it though I have been to a couple that did, I know because it gave me the jitters.

1 Like

I drink deCafinated beverage cold and hot

I had 6 cups of coffee yesterday and got paranoid. I think its a trigger for me too

I find too much caffeine encourages panic attacks and manic thinking. I try to limit myself to one or two cups of coffee a day, but it’s just so godamn tasty isn’t it.

Caffeine messes up my emotions so I stopped caffeine 7 months ago and I have improved emotionally a lot.

I had to quit it triggered my anxiety which triggered my voices. I couldnt quit in forever but one day i just didnt feel like it and i just rode that wave into quitting.

Is a major trigger for me, and it took me about 15 years to understand that something was going on when I drank caffeine. It is so common in society that the idea it could hurt me didn’t register. At first I tried to limit myself to 1-2 cups a day of coffee or tea, but even that was very triggering. Now I have stopped drinking caffeine and feeling much more stable.

When I consume more than 200 mg of caffeine in a day, it gives me heart palpitations.

2 cups of coffee and a caffeinated body armor before noon relieves stress anxiety and gets me going. If I have twice or more caffeinated beverages I get wired can’t sleep and worse anxiety

I feel tired without coffee. I like my caffeine.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.