Bugging out

I have this weird persistent ocd-like compulsion to stare at people out of the corner of my eye, usually in the most inappropriate place

I think a lot of people notice but think Im just kinda sketchy or shifty, but it really bothers me and its exhausting to fight the compulsion.

I dont wanna stare at dudes and chicks asses in my peripheral vision like a creep and sht all the time maaaaaaan this sucks

2 Likes

that sounds annoying yea… maybe you should try to stop doing it when you suddenly notice you doing it… maybe after a while you won’t feel that you have a to do it anymore…

1 Like

Thanks, I do, but like I said its exhausting. Keep in mind its been like this since my first psychotic break, so its been over 3 years of this

I used to be really really paranoid about it, thought people would think Im a weirdo so I became a shutin

Im over it now mostly except some days I feel gross. I dont wanna make people uncomfortable

2 Likes

yea i also feel like i make people uncomfortable. when people are around me i tend to stare through them and i think they find it weird that i stare the whole time. But it always takes a while to notice it and then it’s already weird =p

1 Like

Hmm…

Weird thread.

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean. I get that thousand yard stare when Im concentrating on not staring at people out of the corner of my eye

I look like Ive seen some sht lol

Yeah @anon39054230 weird thread for a weird dude lol

2 Likes

i don’t think you are weird @zwolfgang =)
i understand it…

1 Like

Thanks @lekkerhondje Im glad someone understands and Im not actually an alien lol

1 Like

Bah!

We’re all wonderfully weird in our own ways. I wouldn’t want it to be any other way.

2 Likes

Hell yeah! Weirdos unite :fist:

3 Likes

When I was in the psych hospital years ago I told the doctor that I had this compulsion to stare at women’s butts and it bothered me cos I didn’t want to hurt anyone. He acted like it was no big deal but I hated it. It eventually went away. It may have been an ocd thing. Idk

1 Like

Yeah my doc brushed it off too but it really bothers me. Glad to hear it went away tho! There is hope

1 Like

I wonder why? If it’s something that upsets a person why wouldn’t a doctor listen or at least try to say ‘hey. It’s an ocd thing let’s work on some coping skills’?

2 Likes

Yeah it doesnt make sense to me either. I thought I made it clear it really bothered me

Oh well. Ive dealt with it so far Ill figure it out

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.