Brain training study for schizophrenia (Calgary)

Welcome to the Brain Training Study for Schizophrenia!

*Please contact Briana at 403-220-4340 or cnslabcognitionstudy@gmail.com if you are interested in participating or would like more information.

Who wouldn’t want to improve their memory, thinking speed, or decision making abilities? There are multiple brain training programs on the market, and we want to know how they benefit the brain. As a participant in the Brain Training Study, you will be randomly assigned to either one of two groups. If you are in the brain training group, you will simply play online brain training games from home. Before the training period, you will undergo an initial pre-training assessment and interview at the University of Calgary (which you will be paid for). After the 10-week training period, you will return to the University of Calgary again for a post-training visit (and be paid again!). This way, we can see what’s changed!

If you are in the wait-list group, you will come in for an interview and assessment as well, before and after the 10-week period, but you will not be doing any brain training during those 10 weeks. After the 10-week waiting period, you will be invited to start the training program.

What’s in it for me?

Train your brain for free - people can spend hundreds of dollars a year on brain training programs, but we’ll provide these programs to you for free! You will be assigned with a username and password to access the training games. Other studies have shown that these programs improve cognitive skills (for example, your memory, thinking speed, and ability to reason and make decisions), so we expect yours to improve, too. As a participant in this study, you will be contributing to neuroscience and knowledge about how brain training programs work. You will have complimentary access to BrainGymmer, an online brain training program, and may personally benefit from the training. You will receive $20 per visit ($60 total) for your participation in this study.

Where can I get more information or sign up?

If you are interested in participating, or in getting more information, please contact Briana at 403-220-4340 or cnslabcognitionstudy@gmail.com

https://psyc.ucalgary.ca/cnslab/schizophrenia-study

I wish they did this kind of study in my area too…

Its like playing a video game, ur gonna get better at it the more u play. I dont see the point

Dr Daniel Amen’s brain training promo video.