Bodybuilding Supplements?

I made a post already about creatine and pre Workouts… But In with Protein Powder… Is it harmful to our Schizophrenia, or mental illness? I really want to start gym and use the delicious taste of Protein powder for a reward after training, and also have more protein in general. Any thoughts?

There ia nothing wrong with legal supplements for sz, except pre-workout. Pre-workout has massive caffeine amounts that can trigger positive symptoms. Basically like creatine needs to stay on a dosage according to your weight cause in high doses can cause dehydratation. Protein powder is safe and good like caseine or whey, especially expensive ones. What my 8 years of gymming has taught me that money is better spent in a grocery store for food than buying supplements

3 Likes

I have one vegan greens+protein shake a day. I try and have it around 3 pm, when I’m the most tired. Sometimes I have it in the morning, if I’m really exhausted. It helps curb my appetite. I can’t have whey protein because I’m lactose intolerant.

1 Like

You don’t need a lot of protein supplement each day if you’re a meat eater. Most of us already eat more protein that we need. I used protein supplements and they didn’t affect my SZ.

1 Like

When I worked out I noticed that supplements don’t do jack ■■■■ for building mass. Save the money for real food instead.

1 Like

LS! I go to the gym twice or thrice a week. The other days I exercise at home with dumbbells or on my rowing machine. I am a lacto ovo vegetarian for a lifetime of 63 years. I take bodybuilding supplements but I do not worry.
I take daily:
HMB 4 grams
BCAA 10 grams
Creatine 7 grams
Whey protein shake 50 grams
Ashwagandha
Ginseng
Lion s mane
And a lot more dietary supplements
Check out the website www.strengthlevel.com
For the Pec Deck and the Leg Extension I have elite strength.

1 Like

Taking supplements is all up to you, buddy.

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this