Best sleeping med

I will for sure discuss it tomorrow with her, I’m just hoping we can come up with a solution :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah Wellbutrin can be very activating

1 Like

Avoid caffeine, exercise early in the day and don’t have any naps. Take a larger dose of melatonin. When you’re trying to fall asleep, dont think about the fact that you can’t fall asleep, it’ll keep you awake.

2 Likes

Melatonin cause tolerance don’t do that wtf

I find diet is the biggest problem. A more vegetarian diet may help.

Have you tried trazadone?

Have you tried LTheanine ?

I’d stay homeopathic: a glass of warm milk. Soothing music (think Tibetan chimes). A bit of alcohol like whiskey. Draw a warm bath.

1 Like

Lunesta works for me. It’s a great med. and it has a generic now. Ambien works also but I have found doctors don’t like to prescribe it long term. I have been on Lunesta for years.

I use amitriptyline at night 50mg. Otherwise I can’t really sleep.

Halcion, mirtazapine and agomelatine were good for me.

I use clozapine to make me sleep. For me it’s stronger than seroquel.

I noticed that during my keto diet I added psyllium husk to help my bowel movements, but it had a side effect of making me very sleepy. I stopped taking it during the day and take one at night instead.

I haven’t dropped off to sleep more easily or for longer for many, many years.

Worth a try at least.

Also remove all caffeine from your diet completely, exercise, use your bed to sleep only, never just to relax on and get into a rhythm.

I use Zopiclone.
Clozapine, haldol - im gonna bring it up with my doctor, cant take seroquel.

I find valium is the best medication in emergencies to sleep. Some are addicted to valium, but i am not.

You say your paranoia gets worse at night.

Do you think it might be easier to sleep during the day??

Lunesta works for me, but I save it for emergencies. If I take it more than 3 days in a row, it stops working. For OTC solutions, unisom tablets have doxylamine succinate which can help. It is the same ingredient in Nyquil (not Zzzquil, which has generic Benadryl). But it does make me groggy the next day.

2 Likes

My doctor is starting me on loxipine. She’s hoping it’ll improve my paranoia and other symptoms at night as well as improve my sleep.

2 Likes

Zinc deficiency causes insomnia and many other issues. It helps in sleep too.

Also avoid day naps of any length as it can affect night time sleep. Also avoid caffeine beverages after 3 PM. Have a daily sleep schedule time is very helpful like 12 to 8. Also wake at 8 no matter got enough sleep or not then it will slowly adjust.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.