Best concert you ever went to?

Hey guys as above, personaly my best gig was also my first gig, i went to see the cure in 1992!

4 Likes

There are not many concerts here in China. But we do have some bands performing music in the parks at weekends. Some of them are free as they receive subsidies from local governments.

2 Likes

I went to a blues guitarist concert in 1986 new year’s eve. His name, Drink Small. I was too young to drink. I did acid for the last time when I got home. I literally burned my brain for forever. I decided God wanted me to give up drugs and I threw the rest in the toilet( not a good idea, the water system is recycled ). Then I got disturbed and had my first hospitalization two weeks later. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia within a week of hospitalization. Is it true your symptoms have to persist for 6 months before you can be diagnosed? Well, in my case it was correct, except I was rediagnosed years later as schizo affective bi polar type. I like being that better, I can have abstract thoughts, lol.

1 Like

Hmm!. . .

Tell Us More, Please!. :slight_smile:

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :owl: :spider_web: :owl:

1 Like

It you are disposing of meds don’t put them in the toilet because that water is recycled into tap water.

1 Like

Probably Death Cab for Cutie while they were on their Transatlanticism tour.

It was a very small venue and very intimate.

I met Chris Walla after the show too and he shook my hand. One of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. :slight_smile:

I love the Cure btw!

2 Likes

I have seen Judas Priest twice here in Greece.

3 Likes

It was actually a local band called the skanksters back in around 2000 playing a small venue that took about 400 people. A ska band obviously. The atmosphere was just booming, they were a really great live act.

1 Like

I really dig jazz gigs.Branford Marsalis on Jazz Festival.

2 Likes

Probably Prince.

I also saw the cure in concert !

4 Likes

You have good taste in music!

2 Likes

Modest Mouse was my favorite

2 Likes

I went to a concert in 2018 where Julien Baker played. It was awesome. She and Vagabon opened for Courtney Barnett in Brooklyn. It’s one of my favorite memories of all time.

A KISS concert when I was 14, but mainly because someone in front of me dropped a container of hash oil without noticing and we scooped it. Other than that, I didn’t enjoy it. I spent the evening trying not to melt down. I went because it was important to a friend of mine that I was there with him. I got much more pleasure from listening to their albums.

I didn’t see this in person. I saw it on tv. One time a long time ago “Sly and the Family Stone” was on tv doing one of their performances, and they had so much energy and so much enthusiasm. They were firing on all cylinders. It was great. But Sly Stone was strung out on heroin, and it was all downhill for them from there.

2 Likes

AC/DC Hell’s Bells tour. It was awesome!!!

2 Likes

Neil Young, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. I saw them in Toronto, it was â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  amazing. All three bands came out at the end and did a few Tunes together, it was awesome!!

3 Likes

I have never been to a concert. :sheep::sheep::sheep:

i really enjoyed seeing the los lonely boys at jammin on main. which used to be a music festival in downtown cincinnati, outdoors. it was cancelled and they no longer have the festival anymore, just like the tall stacks festival, shame because both were a good time. and i also saw robert randolph and i swear he sounds just like jimmi hendrix on his steel pedal guitar? not sure what instrument it is.

anyways this was about 18 years ago now, the los lonely boys had their hit “how far is heaven” on the radio at the time.

1 Like

Mine was either oxygen in 2004 and 06 or slane in 2003!!! Best days of my life :+1:t3::slightly_smiling_face: