Best and worst medication you've tried?

Best: Abilify, but I find it difficult to tolerate due to anxiety.

Worst: seroquel, it nearly killed me.

Best: Risperidone/Haldol (close second)

Worst: Vraylar/Abilify (close second)

2 Likes

best: Zyprexa works for me. not totally but its one of the few that calms my fears a little bit.
worst: clozapine(leponex), Haldol, clopixol. leponex was really too heavy for me. it acted strangely on me, it gave me panic attacks. Haldol-restlessness and too much deshinibating, clopixol-i had moments of paranoia on it worse than in my illnessā€¦

If by medication you mean antipsychotic, risperidone was the best and Abilify and latuda were both awful.

Best: Latuda and Invega

Worst: Risperdal (itā€™s why I stopped getting help for 15 years)

1 Like

Best - amisulpride and risperdal - got me very stable and into remission somewhat
Worst - clozapine and haloperidol - turned me into a zombie

Worst zyprexa
Best n/a

Best: Risperidone
Worst: aripriprazole
N/A: Haldol tablet form

2 Likes

Best - depixol
Worst - respiradone/haloperidol (akathisia city)

Best: Seroquel

Worst: Abilify

1 Like

Best:
Clopixol

Has kept me well 10.5 years

Worst:
Stelazine.

Near rigid posture
Horrible effects if no procyidine
Like swallowing a bar of soap

worst: abilify, risperidone the third time i was on it, fanapt and invega
best:latuda and haldol

Abilify, lamictal for worst.
Seroquel, wellbutrin for the best.

Best:
invega(max dose 12mg) killed the paranoia almost instantly, then with seroquel(200mg) added for positive symptoms as just a secondary AP. Also trinalex as an antidepressant that also helps with my ocd symptoms, and mood stability.

Worst:
Seroquel (as primary AP- 800mg max) was a complete zombie and didnt help with paranoia at all using it as primary AP. Relentless restless legs and difficulty breathing and swallowing while on max dose.

Worst Ever:
Risperdal (tried after seroquel) did absolutely nothing and possibly made things worse, went into major episode and psychotic break while on it until switched to invega.

I swear by my invega, virtually no paranoia at all instantly after working up to my dosage. Doesnt help with positive symptoms much which is why low dose of seroquel was added. My current combo of invega, seroquel, and trintallex has finally got me feeling normal and reinserting myself back into society after years of being just about agoraphobic and psychotic.

How seroquel nearly kill you? I was supposed to take it but after reading the side-effects I chose not to.

It just didnā€™t suit me, I went bananas on it.

How funny, they say risperdal canā€™t cause positive symptoms but it without a shred of a doubt did with me - or so I think. I had my first visual hallucinations when taking the drug, and never had them before taking it nor after ceasing taking it.

best: haldolā€¦been on it for years and never had a problem with it

worst: Risperdalā€¦due to the weight gain