Beings inside me

For a very long time, I’ve had “thoughts in my head that aren’t mine” but now I start to wonder if there are actual beings inside me that are fighting me in my head and are trying to control me. When I get disconnected, maybe it’s just the beings trying to take over.

4 Likes

Could they just be internal voices/hallucinations? That seems much more likely than beings living inside you.

3 Likes

There are no “beings” in your head trying to “take over”. This is voices and delusions of your mental illness. I would talk to your pdoc if I were you.

4 Likes

I have thoughts that are not mine. They are inserted by my voices.

4 Likes

It’s the same with you, @Om_Sadasiva. You need to talk to your pdoc too.

3 Likes

OK @SkinnyMe. Good idea

3 Likes

I try to tell myself that it logically doesn’t make sense, but my feelings tell me I’m not in control. I’m “at war with my brain”.

4 Likes

I used to think there were beings living inside me, sharing my life experiences together.
Meds solved that problem :joy:

4 Likes

Yes, and the gut feelings usually win. You need to talk to your pdoc about this @Blossom.

1 Like

I don’t feel in control either when unmedicated. When medicated I am in control.

4 Likes

I’m that way too. When I am not properly medicated, the paranoia wins. When I’m properly medicated, I win. I’m in control.

4 Likes

I’m still taking Latuda and Lamotrigine. And I talked to my doctor a few days ago and she added Risperdal. I’m not feeling any better, though.

3 Likes

How long have u been on the AP? Sometimes it can take a while to work

3 Likes

I hope u feel better sooner than later it sounds quite distressing

2 Likes

I’ve been on Latuda for almost a year. Lamotrigine for a couple of months. Risperdal for only 4 days.

3 Likes

Risperdal needs more time.

4 Likes

it takes several weeks for a new AP to work…give it time…you sound very delusional.

@Om_Sadasiva is Risperdal’s Master. :smile:

I think being very delusional is another thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And if risperdal ends up not being the right ap for u there are other options one is bound to work for u. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I take 12mg risperidone, not Risperdal but the generic called Rispelen.

2 Likes