Bad Pacing Habit

I had it before my psychotic break but it’s way worse now. I can’t sit still and focus my attention on anything. I just pace around and think constantly, which is all well and good now that I have nothing much to do, but what’ll I do when I go back out into the world? My doctors technically know since I put that I’m more fidgety on my depression inventory papers but it’s not been brought up during our discussions; that part’s up to me, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: For now though, is there anything I can do?

I’m on risperidone, Lexapro, cogentin, and Wellbutrin if this info’s useful in any way.
Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

I went through a phase of pacing I couldn’t sit down but in time it eased off just keep a positive attitude

2 Likes

Do you have Akathesia from the meds? I started walking around in circles more when I had it. Less now that I’m zombied out on Seroquel. On the plus side it was easier to get my 10,000 steps in :grin:

3 Likes

kemadrin also known as procyclidine is good for the side effect of restlessness

1 Like

Ah that’s good to hear @shellys12. :slight_smile:
I will certainly do my best to stay positive!

Akathisia is a definite possibility @BLURG.
My cogentin is supposed to help prevent it but it may not be doing its job. :frowning:

Noted @karl! Thank you for that information.

1 Like

Do you feel all shaky inside? This is how akathsia was for me. I can give u some reassurance in that the shakiness feeling left me after a while. But yes attention still remains challenging.

1 Like

Hey I have that too… It’s gotten better over time even without akatisia meds, I’ve even come to enjoy it somewhat… But not really… On the other hand I’ve always had it so…

I do. So annoying! I’m glad that stopped for you. Hoping for a similar outcome for myself.

1 Like

That’s good to hear that it’s lessened for you!
I feel like I’ve always had it too, to some extent.

I’ve definitely always had it… I used to be a movie director and while in the editing room I remember pacing around trying to stay focused.
But now it can be just when I’m by myself at home, just pacing…

2 Likes

No way back

1 Like

That’s so cool that you were a movie director!!
I guess pacing isn’t the worst habit a person can have. xD

1 Like

LOL

Maybe I’ll be stuck like this forever.

1 Like

Yeah… Good times :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.