Bad habits you want to change

Day treatment got me to start waking up early and challenge myself. Little by little I started noticing improvement. Right now I am trying to break the habit of using my phone too much. I also sleep in on the weekend and want to start waking up early even on days where I have nothing going on. Maybe I will practice my motivation by taking an online class. I get mixed reviews about therapy. Some say it is a waste of time. Some say it got some of the worst cases to lead a normal life again. For me it helps handle self defeating thoughts and high pressure situations. What are some habits you want to kick?

3 Likes

procrastination, i have my first exam for my statistics class on wednesday and havent begun studying seriously. i find it impossible to initiate.

2 Likes

masturbating all the time. it’s getting old

4 Likes

Man. You sound like a genius! What kind of stats? I took math stats and got a C+.

2 Likes

I want to stop binge eating. A problem I had even before meds.

3 Likes

One way to look at it from a therapist’s perspective would be to ask why you procrastinate. Maybe it is because the task is daunting. Force yourself to think “this is easy if I just follow these steps and give myself enough time.” Challenge bad thoughts, it does work.

2 Likes

its an introductory statistics class for the psychology bachelors degree. its very easy for the other students who dont suffer with schizophrenia. my mom sat me down yesterday and we did the first page of the homework together and i was savvy, then she left me to the rest and i didnt do it because i felt a short attention span. so i just went to sleep. there is a lot of work to do in the next three days plus important emails i havent sent because im too lazy and unmotivated

4 Likes

Start small. For example start from using the computer on your bed to using it on the sofa. Tell yourself “this is great!” then go from the couch to your desk. That is my first step to motivate myself to study, by using my desk again.

2 Likes

Brush my teeth more than once daily, more exercise and eat more calories.

1 Like

I want to not be afraid of rain short-circuiting my phone, or other adverse weather while going to the pharmacy. I’ll likely get a chance soon.

1 Like

Smoking. Been trying to quit for years.

well I quit smoking. I cut out dairy. I stopped masturbating…maybe quit laying around so much…in the spring I will do this…it’s too cold now

1 Like

I want to quit cutting.

2 Likes

I would start working on that now. At support group we hear of people who grow reliant on cutting and aren’t able to quit. I suggest therapy. You need to find other outlets for your emotions.

2 Likes

I’m working on it I have a decent therapist unfortunately one of my alters also likes to cut too so when she takes over and does it I get triggered and it’s back to step one. I actually gave it up once for like 8 months but lately I’m having a hard time resisting.

2 Likes

i’d like to fix the cassette tape in my mind. no rewind or playing on the past. More fast forward or thinking of the future. Most importantly the play button, living in the present.

3 Likes

I’m with Gorrister. I want to stop procrastinating. It starts to spiral out of control until I have no time left to do anything because I’ve put everything off for so long.

2 Likes

At least your honest lol

1 Like

Emotional and binge eating. Also procrastination.

2 Likes

i need to stop procrastinating and also stop biting my goddamn lip because its always bloody from it

2 Likes