At what what age did you realize something was OFF!

I knew something was off around 6 yrs old, I was playing soccer and couldnt follow the ball and orient myself where I was in space, meaning I couldnt keep the ball in mind and also remember which way to kick the ball. What was anyones defining moments. I dont have positive symptoms

2 Likes

I always realised something was off I think, from the age of 12 onwards anyway.

2 Likes

Why did you think something was “off”?

When I was about 12 or so I said, “If it says in God we trust, then why do we need money?” and I got no response.

Don’t think they understood what I meant. They never do.

2 Likes

I knew something was off when I was dropped on the head while being a blue baby

Oh I actually remember when they smacked me multiple times because I couldnt breathe right when I was born

2 Likes

It was plain from looking around at my classmates that I was pretending to fit in but they were fitting in naturally.

3 Likes

I’ve always felt different. As early as 5 I didn’t feel human. And I was experiencing weird stuff even before then but I didn’t consider it weird because I was too young to know better.

4 Likes

I started having that experience around 8, feeling like everyone else fit in so naturally and I was faking it.

Now I feel more like everyone fakes it though lol. Everyone always worries about fitting in.

4 Likes

I was the same way, i thought i was just goingn to grow out of it, but that never happened. I just learned to cope and hide it better. I knew at age 8, I would never have kids as i was overwhelmed already by the world. I guess I had good insight then or just plain fear

1 Like

I have a clear memory of sometime in my childhood, standing in the bathroom and staring at my hands. And I was so surprised and sort of in awe that those were my hands and that I was in this body. It felt so bizarre to me. I was having existential crises as a kid! Lol. By 12 or 13 I was very confused because I had this strong feeling that I shouldn’t still be alive. I’m still sort of weirded out by it today though I don’t understand that feeling at all.

3 Likes

He has many names.

Pan is one of them.

Really, you remember that, WOW!

I’ve always felt different, but I started getting depressions around age 8.

2 Likes

I remember my first panic attack at age 5. The delusions and the imaginary friends were there too. I always felt like I was chosen by God. And in school, I would always talk to myself. I knew I was different than the others.

Why else would the hatter have “unbirthdays”?

Have a very merry unbirthday my old friend, celebrate every single one of them.

And besides it’s way more fun this way.

Hatter is smarter than he appears.

2 Likes

Around 13, others had different lives, and stable families, I started acting out at that age to, was always in trouble

1 Like

Google “GOD in a Seizure” their is an Audio Part that is great and explains a lot.

1 Like

I realized something was “off” when I was 17 years old, and taking the city bus for the first time with my new boyfriend. He asked me to stop the bus. And I froze, because I realized that I didn’t know how to stop the bus. My brain went into scramble mode. I didn’t know what to do, so, I did nothing. My boyfriend noticed my hesitation. And that’s when he realized something was wrong with me too. I immediately suspected schizophrenia. But, soon forgot about the whole incident.

1 Like

I heard voices when I was a kid (ages 5 and up). However, the voices only became bad in my twenties. Once the voices became really nasty I started to realize that I needed meds.

1 Like

All my life but after I got into the habit of school it wasn’t 'til I was a teen that I got depressed about it and knew that my life would not be normal.