At what what age did you realize something was OFF!

I didn’t become sick until I was thirty. I started hearing voices that was my moment I knew something was wrong

around the age 8/

20 ch

I have had chronic anxiety my whole life due to abuse along with bouts of panic and depression. As far as being psychotic, I never felt any disconnect like that until I was 46, a year and a half ago. That is when I had my first psychotic break. I am a late bloomer. I have heard that is not uncommon with Delusional Disorder, which is what I am diagnosed with.

At 24 after 10 years of smoking cannabis daily I started to experience mania and magical thinking.
I became psychotic a few weeks later and have an undiagnosed psychotic disorder

I was depressed and suicidal as early as 5. My mom says I told her I was going to jump out of our upstairs apartment window and kill myself.

I’ve always felt that everyone else was just as good at hiding their “secrets” as me, so I thought I was just one of them doing the same as me.

1 Like

Probably at age 8 or 9 years old.
My panic attacks just wouldn’t stop.
They kept going on and on.
Plus I would get night terrors and delusional thinking.

1 Like

Probably about 9 or 10 years old.
That’s when I started noticing that my friends in my head kind of have minds of their own, and were telling me to or not to do things. Also, I realized my imaginary twin sister wasn’t just some funny thing I made up. She started being really difficult, and I couldn’t make her shut up.
I, discovered around that time, that I couldn’t tell people about anything, not even my family. It made me feel so alone.
Also, reality really started slipping then, for the first time. It was really scary…

1 Like

I remember going through psychosis when I was about three years old.

1 Like

how old are you now Disciple? I feel it just gets harder as time rolls by. This isnt what my life was designed for, for ■■■■■ sake, I cant take much more. I cant plan for tomorrow, or remember yesterday

I just turned 41 the other day. I know what you mean, life can be so hard and seem very unfair, I think. We gotta hang in there and keep fighting though. As long as we’re alive, we have hope. You’re in my prayers.

My parents first knew I was different by the time I was four. I had crippling OCD already, and spent all day reading. I would only play with other kids when I was forced to. I didn’t have enough social awareness to realize I was weird until I was 11.

1 Like

I was born with a cleft lip and palate. I had a lot of surgery and a speech impediment. I was also hard of hearing for a while. Many members of my family were very embarrassed of me and I was abused because of it. So, something was “off” with me from very early on, though it’s hard to say what it was. I know I had PTSD before any psychotic disorder and I always isolated and lived in my own little world but I started having vivid hallucinations and delusions when I was 12.

i realized something was off around 10 when i started thinking that everyone was robots put here by aliens to monitor me

when i was 16 and i felt trapped in my mind

I knew something was wrong with me around the age of 16. I still managed to have a normal life for a few more years until I experienced my first episode of psychosis. At 16 I dropped out of school halway through the year. I managed to go back and graduate with a 3.8 gpa, but something was off. I became less and less social.

When the doctor slapped my ass and cut my umbilical cord. It’s been downhill ever since.

1 Like

I don’t remember, but my mom noticed signs when I was 10 or so. I was labeled as shy, antisocial, over emotional and several other labels, I hate labels. I also had a “complex”, as my mom called it, that everyone was looking at me, talking about me, judging me. I also daydreamed a lot. I was extremely bored with school. When I was a teenager my issues got worse. My mom was old school and she believed that you don’t admit or talk about psychiatric problems. I went to college and graduated. I worked in geri-psyc. It wasn’t until I had a psychotic break that I was finally diagnosed. I convinced my second husband to help me put aluminum foil on the windows and either get rid of or cover the mirrors. I didn’t touch electronic equipment at all. No phone, which the cell phone was still just getting started, I wouldn’t touch the tv remote, I wouldn’t turn on or off or change the station on a radio and I refused to use or be in the same room with a computer that was being used.

1 Like

For me that is the truth, difficult birth, beech, long labor and Forceps, Emergency C-section.

Wonder if its socially incorrect to use this as my Email Signature.

My life wasn’t perfect. I had ups and downs but I think that’s normal. I didn’t land myself in a nut house until I was 38. So I am going to say 38.

2 Likes