As the years go by I find I don't like meat

I don’t get it as a kid I loved meat now a lot of the times when I put it in my mouth I get sick… I just don’t get it

1 Like

My mom says it’s my bipolar and that I’m acting crazy and that I need to take an anxiety pill… I’m close to being done with my own mother

1 Like

there is a condition where you can’t eat meat too…I wonder if that’s the case with you…you said you are celiac right?

1 Like

@jukebox. Yep i sure am

1 Like

My daughter and I don’t tolerate meat well. I eat it so I don’t have to cook multiple meals a night.

2 Likes

@CoCo. I can eat maybe one bite then I can’t force anymore down or I’ll get physically sick

1 Like

I am unable to digest it. It gives me an upset stomach and constipation

@CoCo. Maybe it is all in my head…

I don’t know. It could be in your head, but there really are people who can’t eat meat.

@CoCo. Idk maybe I’ll be vegetarian… Or vegan… I did research besides having to take vitamins I see nothing wrong with it and it sounds healthier

If you do it right, you can be very healthy on both a vegetarian diet and on a vegan diet. But you need to incorporate a lot of veggies, fruits, beans, nuts, legumes etc. otherwise, it’s not healthy.

1 Like

@CoCo. Yeah… Right now I got mixed veggies in the freezer and rice I’ll work my way up to having more stuff next week (we do weekly shopping)

2 Likes

Sounds good! 1515

1 Like

I’m at a crossroads with meat. Every time I eat it (aside from fish), I get diarrhea. Beef, pork, chicken, regardless of how it’s prepared, the net result is the same. But I don’t like fruit, veggies, and starches enough to exclude meat. So I suffer through it…for now.

1 Like

It’s possible you have a meat allergy. Have you ever been bitten by a tick?

Excerpt from the article in the link below:
“A bite from the Lone Star tick can cause people to develop an allergy to red meat, including beef and pork. The Lone Star tick has been implicated in initiating the red meat allergy in the US, and this tick is found predominantly in the Southeast, from Texas to Iowa and into New England.”

Below is a link to an article from the CDC and excerpts from that article:

“Alpha-gal (galactose-α-1,3-galactose) is a sugar molecule found in most mammals.”

“Alpha-gal syndrome (AGS) (also called alpha-gal allergy, red meat allergy, or tick bite meat allergy) is a serious, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. AGS may occur after people eat red meat or are exposed to other products containing alpha-gal.”

1 Like

I’m not enjoying most meats anymore.
Lately the only meat I’ll consume is deli style turkey slices.

It’s from Plainville Farms and Costco sells it.

It’s all natural and tasty.

I make turkey and Swiss sandwiches on toasted Ezekiel bread.

1 Like

@Moonbeam. It’s not tick season right now and I haven’t been tick bit in years…
@Wave I can eat a little pepperoni ever so often… Chicken is out the door so is turkey

2 Likes

I vomit when I eat onions or garlic even when cooked. I can tolerate a bit of well cooked onion mixed with other stuff like meat in spaghetti but can’t tolerate garlic at all. Thats since I was very young.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna call my Dr in the morning… I hate my mom calling me a liar @Aziz @Wave @Moonbeam

2 Likes

The only meat I typically eat is reduced sodium turkey breast slices on a sandwich or pre-cooked chicken strips in a salad. I get both from my Trader Joe’s grocery store.

I do eat fish quite a bit and occasionally eggs.

3 Likes