As the years go by I find I don't like meat

Wow didn’t know a tick can make ppl hate meat lol

2 Likes

I have Celiac too

I didn’t know that tick bites can cause meat allergies either until @Ninjastar posted about it on the forum a while back.

2 Likes

@ThePoet. It sucks…

1 Like

I think you’re right @jukebox I’m not an expert celiac does mean you have a poorly functioning intestinal tract. Your digestion isn’t that good if it’s bad and I think meat may be hard to digest. People with celiac tend to prefer sugar an things like that cause it’s easy to digest and even cigarettes because cigarettes output small amounts of sugar and fat into the blood

1 Like

Lol I just shut up and eat rice crackers now :smirk::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: one plus is that it’s allowed me to get control of my diet because… I can’t eat most of the stuff on the shelves lol!

1 Like

@ThePoet. I’m thinking about going to the Dr about this… My mom won’t listen to me but she will listen to him… Or maybe I’ll just look up vitamins I need to be healthy and a good healthy vegetarian

1 Like

I hope your mom listens!

And it’s not hard to get enough vitamins or protein on a vegetarian diet. Just eat variety, and we crave variety so it’s fine. Just get a B12 vitamin once in awhile.

I was a a vegan for 10 years. It did wonders for me. My weight stabilized for the first time since I was a teen.

2 Likes

@Rabbit_Farmer I wish it was simple for me… I don’t really get cravings but for sugar… I don’t even get thirsty…

@Rabbit_Farmer. I’m a messed up human lol

No you’re not. You’ll figure this out. It just takes a little time.

1 Like

@Rabbit_Farmer … I hope you’re right

Doctor is a good idea cause e can give you the real explanation. My guess tho is celiac

I think people with celiac just have weak stomachs in general. Also the gallbladder is related. The yellow poop from celiac I think is from the additional bile secreted from the gallbladder in response to gluten so. Meat and all the protein and fat takes a lot f bile to digest as well as I understand it. Maybe your gall bladders tuckered out lol

Anyways I have no idea what I’m talking about but I’d research it and see a doctor if you wanna know the answer

1 Like

I went to the doctor and basically all they did was order an allergy test. At the allergy test, the allergist asked “Have these foods ever given you a reaction before?” And I said yes, and she said “Then why are you here? You already know what you’re allergic to. Just stop eating it.”

She was right. Allergy tests are horrible. It is much easier to just stop eating the food you are allergic to and see if that helps.

1 Like

I’ve definitely felt better when following a vegetarian diet. Once I get a flat I’ll be going back to my erstwhile pescetarian ways.

3 Likes

If you are looking for good tasting vegetarian meals, I can share a few of mine. The trick is to stay away from imitation meat substitutes. They taste just enough like meat to keep you craving it, and not enough to satisfy the craving.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Thug-Kitchen/e/B00NKZH2I0%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

This is honestly my favorite vegan cookbook series. I modify the recipes by using real dairy products, since milk and eggs don’t bother me. You could modify them to be gluten free. This book first introduced me to the idea that vegetarian food can be delicious when it isn’t trying to pretend to be meat.

2 Likes

@Twialine …have you ever thought of going vegetarian…i personally am vegan 4 yrs and myhealth is good…i was veggie before that