Are you angry with God?

I am a Catholic, but I don’t go to Church anymore. I am angry with God for cursing and not blessing me. My whole life has been so terrible, and now with the mental illness. I believe that God loves other people, but not me. So many people seem to have so many blessings, but I am cursed. I also disagree with the Church about gay marriage and abortion. But sometimes I still find myself singing hymns and reading the Bible. Jesus seemed so good to people, and mean to all the right people. But that was 2,000 years ago. What good does that do me now?

I got atheist once, and I went on a journey of finding my own religion and my own god, at last I did found him and I’m glad I did that search, maybe u can start the journey of looking for god…

you are not being punished, to me god is a fairy tale, as is the devil but i respect peoples thoughts on the matter .
do i believe in an order to the universe, yes, do i believe in the fact that we chose these lives and the suffering there in , yes.
buddhism is the nearest thing to the truth for me. we are responsible for our own contentment.
my life has also been utter ■■■■ but i know that it was meant to be, i chose it, and am more compassionate for what i have learnt.
take care

1 Like

I’m not happy with God if there is a God. He gave me this illness and put me on this earth despite not wanting to be here. He’s just made everything hard in my life. It’s just ridiculous. The one good thing is the medicine does calm down the thoughts but even still the side effects are almost worse than the illness.

1 Like

Thanks you for your responses.

Interesting post!

Sometimes I believe that God is actually the reason I’m hearing voices. It’s part of a delusion I have whereby there are two real people in America in an apartment who have the ability to read my mind, and they’re there for religious purposes. This delusion makes use of facts such as my date of birth, which is Friday April the 13th (Unlucky). It ties in with hearing voices (being unlucky to hear - since it’s my DOB I was unlucky at birth so something knew I was going to hear voices) so it seems believable to me at times.

If God was the reason I’m hearing, then I’d be very upset that anything could cause such suffering, as it should be made illegal! No human would ever be permitted to cause voice hearing in any other person.

For the most part, I do not believe God caused my hearing voices…so I’m probably just having delusions.

1 Like

He’s a jealous god. It’s hard to make a clean break!

2 Likes

I’m not angry at god… but then, I don’t really believe in him. I really don’t trust his representation here on earth.

1 Like

That makes it easier to not be angry with God–if you don’t believe in him. By representation here on earth do you mean like spiritual leaders? I sort of like this new pope, although he hasn’t actually done too much yet, so far just kind words. But a lot of the priests and nuns and bishops are just plain mean.

1 Like

hmm thats a difficult one for me as i don’t really believe but if i did i would say that the person that caused me the most suffering seems to suffer way worse than i do so there is comfort in that. as for the others that have caused my suffering i hope in the end they get what they deserve. a one way ticket to a horrible death and eternal damnation. if god is just, this will happen. if not, i will get them myself in the hereafter and make their lives such misery. until then i take comfort that my focul tormentor suffers every day of his life. he may be rich but he will never b happy and for that i am truly grateful. hmmm, maybe there is a god afterall. either that or the dead know all about his operation and torment him on a daily basis. either way i’m happy with the results. now its just the rest of them that need to suffer. maybe there is a god afterall. he did afterall say that revenge would b his.

1 Like

When I was homeless a lot of people who wanted to “Do Gods work” used to flock to our camp and rant on and on how if we just prayed harder, we would all be cured. Or they used to berate us for using a food bank. Or they used to threaten to beat us up and burn our camp. “IN the name of god” of course.

If any one with a bible came into a homeless camp we knew it was time to run. You know they have a gun on them somewhere and they never came with good intent.

then of course the news… Priest after priest and the long list of evidence of what they have done to children. Jimmy Swaggart who told his congregation that if they didn’t give him a million dollars God would take him away… They didn’t make the million… He’s still here… The westboro church… Ugly pocket of hate in God’s name…

I’ve come across too many hateful and racist bags of wind preachers to ever take religion seriously.

2 Likes

That sounds terrible! There are a lot of people who consider themselves Christians who seem anything but. And the priest sexual abuse scandal is pretty hard to overlook.

Credit where credit is due… I’ve had good luck with the Unitarians.

1 Like

You’re lucky that the person who caused you the most suffering is now suffering way worse than you. I always wonder about the afterlife–I fear that there will be no justice, and that God will let practically everyone into Heaven.

Unitarians are Christians, but they’re pretty out there as far as their beliefs–they’re more accepting of different kinds of people/beliefs. I don’t know much about Buddhists.

The Unitarians are considered far out there? That’s sad… The ones here are the ones who don’t have any cathedrals and they run the best food banks. They also run a really safe homeless shelter.

1 Like

hmm i wonder about that too. my tormentor seems to believe that he’s going somewhere different than the rest of us just because hes a catholic. i beg to differ. if there’s a hell, he’s going there. he deserves to at least and so do the others. it never ceases to amaze me how cruel and evil people can b. i consider myself a nice person but these people need gods punishment for the suffering they have caused and i hope they get it, in this life and the hereafter. i don’t know if there is a heaven. personally i’d like to b reborn. have a crack at life without this ■■■■ hanging over me but keep my talents. who knows, maybe i will.

1 Like

I am an atheist. I like to say that if there is a god, im gonna kill him. But thats just for shits and giggles, I dont believe in any sort of creator except for my dads balls.

1 Like

They seem really nice. Hopefully, if there is an afterlife, they will get to Heaven ahead of everyone else.

I used to be angry at God for all the hell i experience and all the horrible things that we inflict upon eachother here on earth, but then I realized that it was not God I was angry at, but the IDEA of God that had been presented to me by so many people. I realized that I didn’t have to be bound by a warped and flawed concept of the creator.

I am angry at PEOPLE. people who do not act with compassion for their fellow human beings, because they are like a cancer infecting civilization in enough ways to fill a whole new thread.

2 Likes