Are you a shut in?

I feel that I am. I only go outside to walk or grocery and rarely say a peep to anybody.

2 Likes

With you on that one I can barely go grocery shopping. Do you listen to your headphones in public

1 Like

I can’t go grocery shopping yet due to thought broadcasting. Going outside is torture.

1 Like

Under those conditions yes.
But I dont think the rest of the world would consider us as such.
I could be mistaken, but when I hear other people use that word it is absolute.

1 Like

I feel I am too but I wanna broaden my reasons for going outside eg volunteering.

1 Like

The only places I go is to the dining room at dinner to eat, and to church to go to a volunteer meeting once a week. That’s it.

1 Like

I don’t get out much, unless we’re going on vacation. And even then I try to stay close to our hotel or camp. Now that I’m on meds, I’m trying to get out more.

1 Like

I would say I’m a shut in. Every morning I walk two hundred feet to the clubhouse for day treatment, and, except for the days when we go to town, that is the only time I leave my room. We go to town once a week. I almost never leave the auspices of our assisted living facility. I stay in my room for the whole weekend. For me, it’s not really a bad way to live. I have my computer and my tv. I’m hoping I can get into some more reading. Some days when the weather is great I feel like I am missing out by not spending more time outside, but that is the only regret I have.

1 Like

I go out for grocery and to have a coffee and something to eat. My granddaughter takes me main grocery shopping and I talk to her. However apart from that when I go out I don’t talk much apart from placing an order or saying thank you to the checkout person.

2 Likes

I’m a paranoiac and am constantly anxious and fearful.
I go out with my father and take my mom to adult day care, and I will sometimes go shopping to certain stores.
But I’m mainly in my house.

Oh yeah, once a week my Case Manager takes me to see my therapist or psychiatrist.

It’s one of my life goals, but my stupid day job screws that up for me.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

I stay at home about 4years, this is really boring. Now I start to work, as a sales will face many people I feel good now

2 Likes

yeah guess i am but it’s due to physical health issues too. i do have nice people coming to my home several times a week but i can’t get out much anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.