Are these good glasses? They're 50% off

Including those lenses that turn into sunglasses it’s £100 with free delivery, and 120-day returns for frames and lenses.

Seems like a good deal

My glasses don’t sit on my face properly since I rolled over them on the bed and bent the arms

The polarised lenses have about 10 different colours you can pick.

:face_with_monocle:

Wonder if it’s worth it, as the full price is way more than I’d ever pay, and I like the transitions lenses

8 Likes

I just know that ray ban is a renowned brand.

Glasses can be expensive!

4 Likes

Ray-ban is a well known brand but the best part is the lenses and quit sleeping with your glasses on!!!

2 Likes

I have Ray-Ban glasses, round, costed 300€.
Now it’s damaged, i fell upon them.
I have no money for new pair

2 Likes

Lesson learned!

I have got them.

Sold some stuff on Facebook I don’t need, so will have to put that money towards them to justify it

If they are rubbish, I can send them back for a refund

They should fit better, as my current ones are also too small.

The length of the arms on the frames should sit on my ears properly now

Argh! Black Friday always throws in temptation!

2 Likes

Looks like a good buy. I adore my transitions lenses.

2 Likes

They’re super good.

These are the branded ones, where mine currently are not as far as I know

So I hope they’ll be good.

Never had a choice of 10 colours before, so must be the real deal.

I picked Sapphire

3 Likes

That sounds quite decent for Ray Ban frames and transition lenses… I know you’re probs well-versed in all things Internet @Joker, but I gotta ask: is this website reputable :sweat_smile:?

If so, sounds like a great deal :+1:.

2 Likes

I’ve been buying all of mine from Zenni Optical as of late (thanks @Ninjastar). I don’t know if they’re a thing in the U.K. They have frames very much like the ones you pictured, but at probably 15% of that price you shared. They’re high quality. Zenni’s prices are good enough that I got myself five different pairs this past year all on my benefits - paid nothing out of pocket. Very happy with all.

4 Likes

Yea they have loads of trustpilot reviews. About 4.8 stars I think it was

I wanted to get something a bit more substantial, as my old frames were flimsy

Shame - it doesn’t look like it’s a thing here.

We have a fair few online ones, but not that cheap!

The bricks a mortar opticians here are hundreds of pounds for the options I got.

The frames are more premium and lenses too for less than my last pair, so pretty happy with that.

But yea, that Zenni’s looks pretty hard to beat!

3 Likes

I buy one nice pair every year. Just gotta take care of them. Id say go for it

2 Likes

oh god those are my dead grandfathers glass, he ware a pair just like these for years.

1 Like

The Ray Bans look nice.

You could bring your bent glasses into an eye glass place–my experience here in the US is that optometrist/eyeglass places will often re-fit your old glasses for free. They are probably pretty experienced addressing bent frames, etc.

1 Like

Unfortunately they’re made of a composite like material, and are not sturdy or have metal or anything :confused:

They’re like a moulded thing. Probably a bad buy I think

Those glasses kick ass imo!

1 Like

They were out of stock :confused:

I picked these instead, and they tried to charge me the difference, I said no I want to cancel the order - so then as a goodwill gesture they didn’t make me pay more

Changed the transitions colour from blue to grey as well

Nearly wanted the money back, but I need a more sturdy pair of specs as mine are knackered !!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.